Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Machine Room Help?
iNEXSERTiON Offline

Threads: 2
Machine Room Help?

I just got out of the Cistern and turned EVERY vavle. I went into the Machine room and placed 3 of the pipes into the slots. Are there 4 because I can't find a 4th. And what is the order the weights go in (the ones you control with the wheels)?

Can't figure it out. Sad
10-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Find
RazTK Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Machine Room Help?

Use the wheels to pull up the weights until you hear a sound. The position of the pipes should change too; just pull one out and replace it, it'll automatically place itself in the right position. There are only 3, BTW.
10-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

You basically have to mirror the other working side of the machine room. So with the pipes check the other wall and you'll see which holes need to be connected. You only need 3 pipes to do that.
10-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0fQ6-lHFnI

^-> videgouide

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Find
Dominick Fontana Offline

Threads: 1

Well thanks to Kein, I didn't have to leave a message for help. I was also stuck with the Machine Room trying to get the right bridge to work. I had solved all the other puzzles, put 3 pipes in the wall where they automatically went, and found the hand crank. Yet, the lever still didn't work for the right bridge.

I figured it had something to do with the placement of the pipes because normally when you get it right, there is some sort of feedback that let's you know you got it right and I didn't get that with the pipes. Plus, I didn't have to use the hand crank yet, so I figured something was wrong.

Anyway, anyone having trouble, just take a look at Kein's excellent video Walkthrough. It is superb. I found what I needed in 2 minutes, went back to the game, fixed the pipes, completed the level, and am now in the Morgue.

Just to put it in writing, there are only 3 pipes; 1 long one and 2 short ones. On the wall, there are 4 sets of holes; 3 sets of vertical holes (up/down) and 1 set of horizontal holes (left/right). This is exactly how the 3 pipes must be placed:

First, take the big pipe and place it in the middle set of vertical holes.
Second, take a small pipe and place it on the only set of horizontal holes. At this point, the small pipe will be on top of the big pipe in a criss-cross fashion.
Third, take a small pipe and place it on the left set of vertical holes. The right set of vertical holes should be empty. You might have to hold the R key and rotate the pipes to make sure they go exactly where you want.

Voila! You'll hear an engine rumble and when you look up, you'll see some gears spinning in the ceiling. That's how you know you did it right.

When you go to exit the big room, the wheel to open the heavy gate is broken. That's when you use the hand crank you found. Finally, after you exit the Machine Room and pull the crank, the right bridge only comes down half way and then gets stuck. You have to go down the ladder and throw some rocks up on the platform. Then climb up the ladder and throw a rock at the center contraption above the stuck bridge Aim for where the pulleys meet the metal circle. When you hit it, the bridge lowers, and you simply cross it and enter the door to the next level; the Morgue.

And that's the name of that tune.

Thanks again to Kein for an excellent video.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 04:42 PM by Dominick Fontana.)
01-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Find