Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game freezes in the Archives
Flodda Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game freezes in the Archives

(10-24-2010, 08:42 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: This ain't right. FLodda, the ATI Omega Drivers don't work. Im still getting crashes. But Penumbra series work fine. Also I have an ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 Series. Maybe that is the problem? Installed Omega Drivers two ways, but nothing. Still freezing.
Im only having black screens, and the computer doesn't freeze. It's like a blind gaming of some sort.

dang, sorry. They worked for me. Did you update Amnesia to 1.01? And did you try to turn off post effects etc. in the menu? And to adjust settings for your display as suggested in the troubleshooting guide?

Troubleshooting is found here:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html

If you did all these things then I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone from frictional can help you. I would try to open a new thread, because I don't know if they still read this one because the problem this thread was made for has been solved.

Good luck anyways. I know how frustrating these crashes are. Surely theres a solution!
10-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Managed to fix the crashes by myself, but took me like 4 hours to do so.

The Omega Drivers, along with some tweaking in the system, i managed to stop the crashes, but keep getting harmless black screen. Pressing esc resolves the black screen, but pressing it again, or going back into gameplay makes them reappear. The longer I wait with the ingame menu (The one that opens when you press ESC during gameplay), The longer I can play before the Black Screen comes back. Already looking into it.
DANG! Just as I get back to play after I enjoyed myself a bit, instead of the black screen, the crashes are all back.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2010, 02:14 PM by Robby.)
10-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Website Find
Flodda Offline

Threads: 6

oh man, that must really suck! Hopefully you get an answer from someone at Frictional. Wish I could be of any more help Sad
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Got some answers, will try as they tell me. But im starting to get disappointed.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Website Find