Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Scariest Crap In You Pants Moments
SkyeGU Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Scariest Crap In You Pants Moments

(04-27-2011, 02:03 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: So far though, the worst scare in my opinion, is the one that happens to poor PewDiePie, in the prison where he opens a door, hears a grunt, gets scared and hides in the room, not realizing the very room he just hid in is where the grunt is turns around and promptly has his face ripped off

I am in agreement that this moment in the prison is one of the most horrifying moments in Amnesia. Even when I play through that area again, I fall victim to it. The immediate reaction to a monster sound is to hide inside any room; and in this case, you hide with the monster.

Yet I also, even now (while playing through again as mentioned), still find the sewers to be unpredictable and as a result of that unpredictability: scary. In the room with the gear machines, I readjusted them and then triggered the Brute. I hid under the pipes near the door and he saw me-- crap! Dead. Then, after respawning, I figured that he was gone and simply threw open the door to the gear room... only to be faced with the Brute. I died again. Carelessness clearly led to both of these, but they gave a good scare. You never feel safe in the Sewer.

Never forget: At the end of the sewer, even if you distract the Brute and make him walk all the way to the other side of that square room when you make a run for the ladder: He STILL notices and chases you and nearly kills you every time. (Unless you close the doors, but where's the adrenaline rush in that?) Scary place!
04-27-2011, 05:17 AM
Find
Duskofdead Offline

Threads: 1

(04-27-2011, 02:03 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: My worst moment was...this is a little scare not many people run into, go into the Archives, cause the little cave in, go back into the hall with the two fireplaces at either end after the cave in, go where to rubble has sealed off the corridor, turn and look at the corridor, enjoy pissing your pants

I hate my friend for telling me about it, he was like "go do this" and I was retarded enough to not be suspicious, but needless to say, this particular scare me hit 'exit'

I won't tell you what the scare is if you haven't encountered it Smile

I seriously squealed and mashed alt F4. I totally panicked at my desk.
04-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

(04-27-2011, 11:36 AM)Duskofdead Wrote:
(04-27-2011, 02:03 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: My worst moment was...this is a little scare not many people run into, go into the Archives, cause the little cave in, go back into the hall with the two fireplaces at either end after the cave in, go where to rubble has sealed off the corridor, turn and look at the corridor, enjoy pissing your pants

I hate my friend for telling me about it, he was like "go do this" and I was retarded enough to not be suspicious, but needless to say, this particular scare me hit 'exit'

I won't tell you what the scare is if you haven't encountered it Smile

I seriously squealed and mashed alt F4. I totally panicked at my desk.

I think I peed a little. I was even expecting it. That music..... uuuuuggghhh
04-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Lol, I saw the monster in the room before I opened the door. Or I at least thought I did. Tongue So I threw it open then ran the other way.
04-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Find
csm Offline

Threads: 0

I was a little creeped out by the water lurker, but when I realized he was harmless I thought he was a little cutie, all invisible an shit.

The northern prison block absolutely freaked me out big time.
05-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

(05-02-2011, 08:14 AM)csm Wrote: I was a little creeped out by the water lurker, but when I realized he was harmless I thought he was a little cutie, all invisible an shit.

Uhhh...he's not harmless. He will kill you. Tongue
05-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

(05-02-2011, 07:22 PM)gandalf91 Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 08:14 AM)csm Wrote: I was a little creeped out by the water lurker, but when I realized he was harmless I thought he was a little cutie, all invisible an shit.

Uhhh...he's not harmless. He will kill you. Tongue

Yeah I'm wondering how the lurker is harmless O_o He sure knows how to rip the back of my scalp off if I slip into the water for too long o.o

OT: I crap my pants every time in the guest room. The first time I played, he beat the closet door down and killed me even though I was hiding. That taught me to NEVER feel secure in my hiding place...... no matter how many playthrus I've had since, every time I hide behind a door or in a closet, I'm praying >_<
05-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

He probably saw you enter the closet.
05-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(05-03-2011, 01:51 AM)gandalf91 Wrote: He probably saw you enter the closet.

This

The monster's are usually not very smart, capable of missing where you are when you're right in front of them(this has literally happened to me, it's been inches from me, to the point I feel like waving and going "OVER HERE STUPID")

The monster's rely on sight and sound when hunting you, if they don't see you go to a spot, they probably won't find you
05-03-2011, 04:32 AM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

Spoiler below!
If you get a large enough (wield-able) object close to yourself you can actually walking around holding it in front of your face between you and the monster and it will never see you. There are videos of this actually.
05-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Find