Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crosshair causing graphics glitches
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Crosshair causing graphics glitches

It's taken two weeks of extensive testing (so extensive that I only narrowly avoided failing a philosophy test) but I've finally discovered the cause of my graphics glitches when playing in full screen.

Sure enough, the cause of the problem is always what you least expect. It could have been my pc, my graphics card, my driver, setting the graphics resolution too high. Of all the possibilities, the cause of the glitches was having the f**king crosshair turned off.

While I'm not that keen on having a small white dot on my screen, it beats the hell out of lag and having the light emitting from torch's and candles cutting out every time I turn away from them.

If anyone else is experiencing graphics problems and play with the crosshair off, try turning it on. This may not be ideal, but hopefully it gets the graphics behaving normally.

If anyone from FG is going to patch this glitch there are two hpl files in the link to my other thread which may help you. This really is only a miniscule problem, but it would be nice if it was fixed.

If you'll now excuse me, after spending two weeks tireless testing in the first corridor I think I've earnt the right to see the rest of the game.

Hope this thread is able to help someone.
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Find