Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Editing default wall files
Sindric Offline

Threads: 2
Help Editing default wall files

I am trying to use CrazyBump on the mansionbase walls. But, I can not figure out how to make it work. I have the color, normal, and spec maps. The only thing I cant figure out is editing the .dae file. Right now, in the level editor the custom wall shows up in the menu, but does not show when created.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 11:18 PM by Sindric.)
10-16-2016, 11:10 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Help Editing default wall files

If you open the .dae file with a text editor you can change the path to the material file. It's important to make note that the path in the .dae file, even with an extension like .dds or .png will be replaced with a similar path, but with .mat extension instead when loaded in Amnesia. So look for the .mat file as well, copy it, and edit it with the MaterialEditor. That's where you specify which .dds textures are actually used.

PHP Code: (Select All)
<init_from>file:///C:/Skolarbeten%20och%20diverse%20projekt/3d/projekt/Frictional%20Games/SVN/redist/static_objects/mansionbase/wall/mansionbase.dds</init_from> 

This is in the original mansion base wall .dae file. What's important here is really only the file name itself: mansionbase. The path in here is obviously not actually used, or else this would only work on the computer for the author of this model.

<init_from>mansionbase.dds</init_from

Make it like so and it will have the same effect.

<init_from>mansionbase.mat</init_from

This will ALSO have the same effect because the extension is ignored. The .mat file is the important one.

If you don't want to use the MaterialEditor, you can just edit the .mat file specified in the .dae file with a text editor. Here you can change the texture file names (but I still recommend the editor if you're gonna add things like normal maps):

<Material>
    <
Main DepthTest="True" HeightMapScale="0.05" PhysicsMaterial="Default" Type="SolidDiffuse" />
    <
TextureUnits>
        <
Diffuse AnimFrameTime="" AnimMode="" File="mansionbase.dds" Mipmaps="true" Type="2D" Wrap="Repeat" />
        <
Specular AnimFrameTime="" AnimMode="" File="mansionbase_spec.dds" Mipmaps="true" Type="2D" Wrap="Repeat" />
    </
TextureUnits>
</
Material

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 12:21 AM by Mudbill.)
10-17-2016, 12:08 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Check out these two tutorials (both in the same post) if you're still struggling

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...#pid304173

That face when you realize you responded to a 2 month old post... I love me some necromancy

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016, 01:59 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
12-02-2016, 01:58 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(12-02-2016, 01:58 AM)CarnivorousJelly Wrote: Check out these two tutorials (both in the same post) if you're still struggling

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...#pid304173

That face when you realize you responded to a 2 month old post... I love me some necromancy

You're all good fam, but I'm gonna lock the thread for inactivity. Haven't seen OP around since October so I'll reopen it if necessary!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-02-2016, 05:33 AM
Find