Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compilation of bugs/glitches and some game design flaws I found
andibro Offline

Threads: 2
Not Solved Compilation of bugs/glitches and some game design flaws I found

Had played this game few times and really enjoy it. Good job for the dev team! I would like to report some bugs and possible game design flaws that I found.

Bugs / Glitches:
1. Leviathan's infinite munching bug that I had mentioned in another thread. This is the only major bug I found, the others could be considered minor issue as it doesn't really impact the gameplay.

2. In omicron annex, after plugging in the omnitool, you would find the catherine omnitool's interaction icon is hard to locate. See this video for the details: video link

3. There is a tight corner in area where there is catherine's dead body in Site Phi that could damage you if you go there and then do some jumpings. See this video for the details: video link

4. If you have enabled Subtitle + Closed Caption in Audio option, and then in omicron annex, play the audio recording there (where it contains conversation between Raleigh Herber and a crew from omicron which I believe is Eric Darby by examining the game with debug mode), the subtitle of audio recording doesn't show the person name at all.

5. There are some occasions where Catherine is still able to talk even after she shutdown herself from omnitool terminal or being plugged out:

a. At site lambda, make sure you don't click the "Ark Envinroments" button in the computer first, after checking the "ARK Tracker" and going through some conversations, take out the omnitool, then go back to the computer and click the "Ark Environments", you can still hear Catherine talks about it.

Same issue also occured after catherine had shutdown herself but don't take out the omnitool yet, then go to back area where it will trigger event of Catherine saying the flesher/jiangshi monster had returned. However if you have taken out the omnitool, there is no issue at all.

b. In omicron annex, after catherine shutdown herself from omnitool, play the audio recording on next computer, you can still hear Catherine talks and comments about the audio recording.

c. At Site Phi, make sure you don't datamine catherine's corpse first, after you have loaded the ARK into payload missile and taken out the omnitool, go to catherine's corpse and datamine her, you can still hear omnitool catherine talks.

6. At the final part of Theta where you would pull a lever to release a flood and then meet Terry Akers for the last time, it's possible to run pass toward Akers into outside of tunnel. But then after the flood released, the screen will turn into black and never load into "outside omicron" level. So the game would be stuck and needs a reload.

7. At MS Curie, there is a locked door that lead to outside of ship in bridge room:
Spoiler below!
[Image: IAH7Rxo.jpg]

I went to power room but didn't pull any WAU cables yet, then I returned to the bridge room. I found out the locked door is suddenly missing. The door leads to a platform with deep abyss down there. When I jumped down there, there was no game over but I become stuck down there and the game needs a reload. I meet this glitch only once though.

Possible game design flaws:
1. At omicron in the pilot seat room, the pilot seat's helmet has a power cable but the cable doesn't get connected to the power socket. See the image below:
Spoiler below!
[Image: XHSIQ0m.png]

2. Still about pilot seat at omicron, after simon 2's brain scan was copied to simon 3 (power suit), catherine said she put simon 2 to sleep. I wonder how she able to do this? Because I don't see the pilot seat has a cable that is connected to the simon 2's body.

Same issue too for the battery drain computer. I saw there is a power cable from battery drain computer to the pilot seat's chair, but I don't see any cable from pilot seat's chair to simon 2's body.

This is probably a subtitle typo:
Enable Subtitle + Closed Caption in Audio setting first, then in abyss area near climber, datamine a ripped dead body as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n49a8nM...e&t=20m26s

The first line is: "Glasser: Jesus, did you see that?". Then the next line is Glasser talking too, but the voice sounds different to the first line. I think the first line voice is from Ross rather than Glasser ?

Update:
* At omicron when simon found Raleigh body in power suit, simon said "Just like the body we found in annex, she's missing her head": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKpQ6jO...e&t=24m43s. However the dead body in annex is not missing her head, just some part of his head blown up. Seems the dialogue is wrong, or maybe the dead body design that is wrong, should have his head really missing.

* The headless diving suit body found in omicron side entrance area would have different position after omnitool is plugged.
Before: https://youtu.be/k4plpzyxr8M?t=2s
After: https://youtu.be/k4plpzyxr8M?t=19m41s

But I'm not sure if it's a design mistake or it's intentional (someone moved the body?). Need confirmation about this.

* At site lambda, after you put cortex chip into omnitool terminal, run far or back off from the omnitool terminal immediately, when catherine start speaking, but because of the distance, sometimes catherine face doesn't show up on the terminal screen, instead it's still showing Louise Meuron text.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 04:20 PM by andibro.)
10-17-2016, 09:37 PM
Find