Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stairs in DINGBAT room disappeared
Bobthesamurai
Unregistered

Solved: 7 Years, 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago Stairs in DINGBAT room disappeared
In the DINGBAT room in THETA, the movable staircase blinked out of existence when I tried to move it in front of the crawl space that unlocks after the cut-scene. I exited and restarted the game with no change, the movable stairs simply are not present. Here are a couple of pictures to show you what I mean.

https://gyazo.com/6b8fafe244a3dea9cf3969b4163b0663
https://gyazo.com/211d470a6aeba20a94e3cf0797fb212f

I was able to jump up and hit the 'open' button on the crawlspace as you can see from the first picture, but the stairs you are supposed to be able to walk up to get there have simply disappeared. Basically, what I want to know is this: have I somehow screwed myself and by finding this bug broken my save? I am unable to progress, and as I stated earlier restarting the game does not cause the stairs to reappear.

Thank you for your time,

Bob

I apologize for the double post, but I just now realized that I am able to recover earlier save files. Loading one of the earlier saves has indeed solved my problem, so there is no issue. This is still an interesting bug, though.

In any case, I apologize for taking up anyone's time with this semi-pointless post.

-Bob
11-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 7 Years, 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Stairs in DINGBAT room disappeared
Hello Bob!

Don't put yourself down, it's not a pointless post. Someone else could have been having the same error! Nonetheless, I'm glad you got it solved Smile I'll close the post in the meantime.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
11-10-2016, 08:28 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.