Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMA image copyright questions
BrianDLNT
Unregistered

Not Solved SOMA image copyright questions
Hello everyone!

I had no clue where to put this. I do apologize if this is out of place.

So I'll explain what I'm asking before I go on about what I looked for. I'm a metal musician that is planning on writing and recording an entire EP based on the storyline of SOMA. I've never been more intrigued by a game before and the amount of perspective I'd drawn from the game is astounding. It's a beautiful inspiration to me and I know I could do the game justice.

Thing is, I would like to use some of the artwork used in SOMA to make an EP cover. I tried looking for any of the copyright statuses on the images specifically and found nothing. Copyright is a big thing in today's world and I want to make sure I go about it in the correct way.

Once the EP is completed, I will NOT be selling it. It will be a free release. I will be making no profit AT ALL whether it be from sales, ad revenue, or literally anything else. I project this record to not even break 250-350 downloads in total. I can provide an email that can be used for further confidential communication upon request.

Thanks in advance for your time!
12-01-2016, 03:37 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: SOMA image copyright questions
You'll be fine so long as you're not making profit off the sales. I would ask that you link to SOMA and/or specific artists if you can find the ones who designed the artwork you're using.

This thread may be handy. As far as I am aware, Nautilus is more than happy for anyone to use his screenshots, but you can contact him through his tumblr if you have questions.

Good luck!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-01-2016, 04:35 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.