Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Game won't start
TheChief Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Exclamation  The Game won't start

Hello guys Wink, have a problem here Undecided. Hope you guys can help me Big Grin.

I can't run Amnesia - The Dark Descent, I installed a non-steam version of this game. The game ran PERFECTLY about 2 or 3 years ago. But now, all that happens when I tried to open the game is that access violation error. I tried to update the game to v1.31 and it succeed. But a new error message pops up, which is:

"FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information"

This is such a strange thing for me if the laptop are not able to run the game at least in the lowest specification. It can run such medium to heavy games such as The Elder Scrolls V, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Dead Space 3, CoD MW 3, Dark Souls 2, and it also can run Counter Strike in open GL Mode. In fact, the game ran perfectly before (I even managed to finish it once), but something prevents it to load now.

I have also searched for updates for my graphic card, and I got some, but it failed to update. I downloaded this one "Win7Vista_64_151719.zip" and "Win7Vista_64_151719.exe", but both failed, simply leaving message "The driver being installed is not validated for this laptop. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. Setup will exit." I was sure I'm downloading the right driver for my graphics card. The graphic card is "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family".

Some more specification that may be useful
Proccessor - Intel ® Core ™ 2 Duo CPU T6670 @2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
RAM - 4GB (2x2 GB DDR 3)
System - Windows 7 64 bit

By the way, I played this game on 2 computers, and the one I'm uploading the HPL.log file is the one which have lower specification for gaming. The other computer also have the same problem, its graphic card is AMD Radeon 6310 (Perhaps, I forget. The laptop has been out for 5-6 months)

I also include dxdiag info below. Who knows, perhaps it could be useful Wink.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 2.03 KB / Downloads: 82)
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 37.4 KB / Downloads: 135)
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2016, 07:47 AM by TheChief.)
12-09-2016, 07:43 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: The Game won't start

We cannot provide much support for your Intel Graphics Card as Amnesia does not fully support them. Your hpl.log says that the installed OpenGL version is 2.1.0, which is the bare minimum for running Amnesia. Try running Amnesia with the lowest possible settings available in the Launcher.

Unless you can update your drivers for your Intel Processor, there is not much else you can do.

Plutomaniac Wrote: 4) I have an Intel graphics card. Can I get support?

All Intel graphics cards are not officially supported by Frictional Games and thus problems can arise while playing the game with them. Only Intel HD cards should be able to run the game. To avoid issues, make sure you have the latest Intel drivers installed and lower the settings. Other than that, no more support can be given in case of further problems.

Your second computer, your AMD, should be more than capable of running Amnesia.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Find
TheChief Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved RE: The Game won't start

(12-09-2016, 03:50 PM)Romulator Wrote: We cannot provide much support for your Intel Graphics Card as Amnesia does not fully support them. Your hpl.log says that the installed OpenGL version is 2.1.0, which is the bare minimum for running Amnesia. Try running Amnesia with the lowest possible settings available in the Launcher.

Unless you can update your drivers for your Intel Processor, there is not much else you can do.

Plutomaniac Wrote: 4) I have an Intel graphics card. Can I get support?

All Intel graphics cards are not officially supported by Frictional Games and thus problems can arise while playing the game with them. Only Intel HD cards should be able to run the game. To avoid issues, make sure you have the latest Intel drivers installed and lower the settings. Other than that, no more support can be given in case of further problems.

Your second computer, your AMD, should be more than capable of running Amnesia.

It's strange, really, that the game can run perfectly on both laltops with the lowest settings set to play about 2-3 years ago. At that time, it was like "yesterday the game could run perfectly, and it was thrilling, while today, it can't even load".

What I'm telling you is that the game used to ran perfectly, without updating the drivers of the graphic card. And it happened to both of the laptops

I really hope somebody can find a real solution to this problem. I want to play the game again, at least once more Smile
12-16-2016, 03:53 AM
Find