Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked mouse when CTRL+ESC, ALT+TAB, or CTRL+ALT+DEL.
Axmann Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Locked mouse when CTRL+ESC, ALT+TAB, or CTRL+ALT+DEL.

When I try to minimize the game in any fashion, whether it be any of those listed in the title of the thread, my mouse stays locked at the very top left of my screen, and I cannot get it to move no matter what I do.

Sure, I could sit here and justify all the reasons I would want to minimize the game while I'm playing, I don't think that such a thing should be necessary. Of all the problems I've ever had with any PC games, this one really tops the list of "all-time annoying bugs". Of course, this is assuming it is a bug. If it was supposed to be some sort of "innovative" feature to enhance "immersion", then I'm just really sad to see the state of PC games these days.

I'll give Frictional the benefit of the doubt, however, and just assume it's a bug.

In any case, can anyone tell me how I can solve this irritating and inconvenient problem?

Thanks in advance.
11-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Find
Smooth Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Locked mouse when CTRL+ESC, ALT+TAB, or CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Having the same problem on my Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.
I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL and press "Log Off" in and than re-log in to get my mouse working again.

Has been quite annoying because of a miss press on the Ctrl button i pressed start wich opens mij start menu and makes me stuck.
11-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Locked mouse when CTRL+ESC, ALT+TAB, or CTRL+ALT+DEL.

there is no way to fix this issue, sorry. you can alt-tab back into the game to unlock the mouse but there is no way to use the mouse while the game is running. helps discourage people from breaking the immersion and multitasking IMHO
11-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Website Find
Axmann Offline

(11-08-2010, 01:34 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: there is no way to fix this issue, sorry. you can alt-tab back into the game to unlock the mouse but there is no way to use the mouse while the game is running. helps discourage people from breaking the immersion and multitasking IMHO
Troll. Go away.
11-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Find