Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to load config file - A stubborn one.
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Failed to load config file - A stubborn one.

So, I've been doing the "Setting up Development Environment" from the wiki. My map works fine when setting it up as a custom story, so technically I am good to go and develop things.
It's just that I want it to work the way it should. Especially since I plan on constantly testing small things, so it would be handy to have the debug version opening directly.

I did everything according to the wiki. In my 'maps' folder there's a new map names 'test', including two files: 'test.map' and 'test.hps'.

Now, when I launch the game, I get a black screen, go back to desktop and receive that error message: "Failed to load config file". I checked the log in the save folder, and it includes no errors at all! Speaking of annoying..

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Attached Files
.cfg   user_settings.cfg (Size: 657 bytes / Downloads: 81)
11-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Failed to load config file - A stubborn one.

then the config file has either been moved to where is does not belong, or it is gone completely. another possible cause is you may have screwed up while editing the config file and now it does not work properly...
11-08-2010, 01:36 AM
Website Find