Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
Bonzworth
Unregistered

Not Solved Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
Help! PLEASE.
Whenever I start amnesia the dark descent, a message pops up saying,

"Failed to load config file!"

I have deleted and reinstalled the game MULTIPLE times, verified game files over 9 times, deleted the mainsettings.cfg folder and verified that and tried everything everyone has told me, but it won't work. Please I just want to play it again.
04-15-2017, 05:52 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
You have mentioned verifying the game, so I assume you have a Steam copy.

Have you played Amnesia successfully before? What have you done to the game files since? Have you installed or tried to install any full conversion modifications or have tried to make your own?

Could you please post the contents of the main_init.cfg file? Right click Amnesia in your Steam Library, select the Properties option, then under the Local Files tab, select the "Browse Local Files" option. In the "config" folder, you'll find the "main_init.cfg" file.

Could you also post the main_settings.cfg file, provided it exists? Its directory can be found via Problem X of the Troubleshooting Guide: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Find
Bonzworth
Unregistered

(04-15-2017, 10:17 AM)Romulator Wrote: You have mentioned verifying the game, so I assume you have a Steam copy.

Have you played Amnesia successfully before? What have you done to the game files since? Have you installed or tried to install any full conversion modifications or have tried to make your own?

Could you please post the contents of the main_init.cfg file? Right click Amnesia in your Steam Library, select the Properties option, then under the Local Files tab, select the "Browse Local Files" option. In the "config" folder, you'll find the "main_init.cfg" file.

Could you also post the main_settings.cfg file, provided it exists? Its directory can be found via Problem X of the Troubleshooting Guide: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html

Hey! THANK you for replying. I do have a steam copy, and I haven't messed with mods or conversions at all. The main_init.cfg exists. I don't know to post its contents though. Never mind I figured it out lol.

Attached Files
.cfg   main_init.cfg (Size: 1.11 KB / Downloads: 141)
04-15-2017, 09:54 PM
tigerlillymaya13 Offline

Threads: 8
Have any of you tried making your own custom story, if so I am having trouble. I cannot seem to get the custom story to show up in the main game. I have watched many YouTube videos. HELP!
09-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.