Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particle Editor Help Particle System disappears under certain camera angles?
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
Particle System disappears under certain camera angles?

I've ran into a weird issue with "ps_orb_light". Basically, once placed on the map, it works fine, though at certain camera angles, it just disappears, only to show itself again when I move the camera around. Here's a little video to demonstrate the problem better. Any ideas? This happens both in level editor and the game, fyi.
04-17-2017, 01:59 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Particle System disappears under certain camera angles?

I had a similar issue when I was working on the Many Hands 3 project. I ended up just restricting the angles you could see it from and hoped for the best. I'm not sure if this is also present in the main campaign and if so maybe it has always been an issue?

04-17-2017, 11:08 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(04-17-2017, 11:08 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I had a similar issue when I was working on the Many Hands 3 project. I ended up just restricting the angles you could see it from and hoped for the best. I'm not sure if this is also present in the main campaign and if so maybe it has always been an issue?

Forgot to update the thread, but I happen to have applied a similar fix just some hours ago; I've temporarily disabled the player's ability to jump, therefore no longer does this issue occur.
04-18-2017, 12:09 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I think jumping is also disabled in the original instance where this is used, which is that orb flashback during the Archives. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why.

Was this effect also used around the orbs in the Inner Sanctum though? I don't remember.

04-18-2017, 08:28 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(04-18-2017, 08:28 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I think jumping is also disabled in the original instance where this is used, which is that orb flashback during the Archives. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why.

Was this effect also used around the orbs in the Inner Sanctum though? I don't remember.

Not too sure but I think it was only used during the flashback in the archives.
04-19-2017, 11:09 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

If you feel adventurous, you can try recreating the particle system yourself, but making it so it's visible from all angles.

It's all just about messing around in the ParticleEditor.

Trying is the first step to success.
04-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Find