Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Intro Sequence?
Cgturner Offline

Threads: 7
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago No Intro Sequence?

I've owned Amnesia: The Dark Descent since day 1, and I've never had a problem like this before. But for some reason, the intro sequence in the beginning of the game stopped working. I haven't messed with the .hps file, so I don't think it is a script problem. Anyone else having this same problem?
11-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: No Intro Sequence?

What do you mean by "stopped working"? Please give more details.

Also attach hpl.log from "My Documents/Amnesia/Main"
11-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Find
Cgturner Offline

Sorry Thomas, I meant to be more descriptive about the problem. The intro scene is gone altogether. When "New Game" is chosen, it goes to the loading screen, then immediately to Daniel standing, skipping the intro flashbacks. But the game itself functions perfectly.

As far as the hpl.log is concerned, I don't know where the -WARNING: Could not find language file entry 'english01'- is coming from, because the only language file loaded is the standard english.lang, unless you load a custom story, in which case, the other extra_english.lang file is loaded, but I don't think that is the cause of the problem. However if you see anything that I missed, let me know. Thank you for the speedy response. Smile
11-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

You need to run the game so that it gets the skipped intro part and then attach hpl.log after that. The hpl.log you have attached just shows you entering the menu and then exiting the game.

My idea right now is that the installation is corrupt (and that you need to reinstall), but it can be something else too.
11-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

Might also be that you have activated the ScriptDebug mode. If I recall correctly the intro is skipped in that case.

EOF
11-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Find
Cgturner Offline

Deactivating ScriptDebug worked like a charm. Thanks to both of you for your help and speedy responses. Smile
11-11-2010, 04:35 AM
Find