Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cannot see Items and the protagonists arms
Umukzus Offline

Threads: 3
Not Solved I cannot see Items and the protagonists arms

Ive just recently started playing and realised, that all the animations that have something to do with Hand objects such as Simons Cell Phone, the omnitool and even his arms do not play out. The items themselves dont show up eather wich makes it impossible to play as I get stuck everytime I try to climb into the airvents...

please help...
10-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: I cannot see Items and the protagonists arms

Now that is a strange error!

If I can take a guess, I would think that the animations are either missing or something has gone wrong with the player scripts during install. Try a Steam File Integrity Check by following Problem I in our Troubleshooting Guide. If that does not work, please post the contents of your hpl.log file after you believe an animation should have occurred. You can find instructions regarding the location of the hpl.log file by viewing Problem X in the Troubleshooting Guide.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2017, 04:40 AM by Romulator.)
10-06-2017, 03:32 AM
Find
SteveR Offline

Threads: 1

Just wanted to check, did Romulators suggestion fix the issue for you?

Could you please provide a log file for this, so we can check for script output etc?
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 12:43 PM by SteveR.)
11-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I would like to add that I witnessed this issue while watching the Halloween Q&A stream on Twitch with Thomas Grip. I wonder if that stream is still available to view.
Some animations did not play and some animations showed only parts of it. I remember one Omnitool "pullout" animation that only displayed as a floating Omnitool that popped into existance and then popped right back out. Another scene while climbing a ladder did not display any arms, similar to how Amnesia works with ladders.

11-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Find