Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Impulse / Gamestop App Purchases
karomi
Unregistered

Not Solved Old Impulse / Gamestop App Purchases
I bought Amnesia and the Penumbra Collection on Stardock's Impulse platform back in 2010. Stardock later sold Impulse to Gamestop, then a few years later all my purchased games disappeared from the Gamestop App. This seems to have happened to a lot of other people. I was never able to recover any of these games.

Gamestop dropped support for the Gamestop App a long time ago and doesn't provide any help with obtaining games that were lost. So, I'm wondering if Frictional provides keys for Steam (or standalone) in these kinds of situations. I can supply the original receipts from Impulse if needed. Thanks for your help!
07-28-2017, 06:08 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: Old Impulse / Gamestop App Purchases
The only thing I can suggest is to go to http://shelf.frictionalgames.com but I think that may only apply to copies bought through their own store. If that doesn't help, I'm not sure what can be done. This sounds like something Gamestop should be responsible for, and if they ignore things they have sold, that sounds like a crime to me.

07-28-2017, 06:18 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Not Solved RE: Old Impulse / Gamestop App Purchases
If the shelf doesn't work, I recommend emailing Frictional Games directly.

In case all else fails, I recommend repurchasing the game from GOG.com (it's DRM-free) during a sale and storing it somewhere on your own hard drives.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 01:05 AM by Yuhaney.)
07-29-2017, 01:05 AM
Website Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.