Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Render problem in level editor
Spicy Cat Offline

Threads: 2
Render problem in level editor

Hello all!

I was making my first map for Soma when I saw this issue. As you can see in the picture, the static object selected only have a plane square outline and when I place it nothing appear, but if I press ctrl+z for undo, nothing change. It's like the object has been place but nothing is rendered.

Any idea of what can be it and if I'm the only that have this bug?

It's not a big problem, but it remove meshes that can be very useful.

Thanks.

[Image: JHwfP0E.jpg]
09-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Render problem in level editor

At the possibility that it is a problem with your files, try verifying your cache integrity with Steam. See Problem I in the Troubleshooting Guide for assistance there.

You may also want to try deleting the .msh (just the .msh. Deleting others will cause further errors) of the file in question, in the possibility it is outdated. You can find these in the static_objects folder, in the same directory as following the tree-list in the Level Editor.

For more information about troubleshooting this, you can also provide the LevelEditor.log file. To do so, place the static object down and save the map. Then open a new map and reload the one you saved. Then by closing the Level Editor, it will generate an updated LevelEditor.log file to be analyzed. It can be found by default in Documents/HPL3.

(Also, no stress, but since this is a Development question, I will be moving this to the appropriate Technical Support subforum).

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 06:39 PM by Romulator.)
09-03-2017, 06:37 PM
Find
Spicy Cat Offline

(09-03-2017, 06:37 PM)Romulator Wrote: At the possibility that it is a problem with your files, try verifying your cache integrity with Steam. See Problem I in the Troubleshooting Guide for assistance there.

You may also want to try deleting the .msh (just the .msh. Deleting others will cause further errors) of the file in question, in the possibility it is outdated. You can find these in the static_objects folder, in the same directory as following the tree-list in the Level Editor.

For more information about troubleshooting this, you can also provide the LevelEditor.log file. To do so, place the static object down and save the map. Then open a new map and reload the one you saved. Then by closing the Level Editor, it will generate an updated LevelEditor.log file to be analyzed. It can be found by default in Documents/HPL3.

(Also, no stress, but since this is a Development question, I will be moving this to the appropriate Technical Support subforum).

Thanks for the answer! I did you said to me but it didnt work. Anyway its not a big problem, but thanks you!
09-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Find
Draugemalf Offline

Threads: 7

I've also encountered similar problems when using the level editor on a weaker PC, also with lighting rendering in the editor, but the game worked fine. It might simply be caused by that.

09-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Find
Spicy Cat Offline

(09-06-2017, 01:19 PM)Draugemalf Wrote: I've also encountered similar problems when using the level editor on a weaker PC, also with lighting rendering in the editor, but the game worked fine. It might simply be caused by that.

Wow now you said it, very sure that it can be the cause. My pc is a little old, I'll to change it soon. I also didn't have any problems ingame. Thanks you!
09-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Find