Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen goes white when reading notes/going to inventory
Reminiscity Offline

Threads: 16
Screen goes white when reading notes/going to inventory

ZAP!

Has anyone of you experience a bug where the screen goes completely white when interacting with notes? This also happens when going to the inventory. Its really wierd. This started (as I remember it) when I started using a global fog with the start position of 0 and fallofexp of 0. This made me think that this had something to do with "layers on the screen" and that the fog layer somehow interfered with the note/inventory layer.

Long story short I have no idea. Have you experienced this?

My mod Amadeus
12-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Screen goes white when reading notes/going to inventory

I have experienced this before, and I could be wrong, but I believe Mudbill has experienced it as well. If I remember, he said that you should allow the game to load the Amnesia Menu, start a new game/custom story, and then load up your Custom Story maps through the developer menu that way to pretty much remove the entire bug from occurring at all.

I just tend to restart the map (F5, or just load it again entirely) if possible, and that usually fixes it for me. It's an issue confined to the Developer Environment though; or rather, just when ShowMenu="false" in the main_settings.cfg file.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Find
Reminiscity Offline

Threads: 16

(12-01-2017, 10:22 PM)Romulator Wrote: I have experienced this before, and I could be wrong, but I believe Mudbill has experienced it as well. If I remember, he said that you should allow the game to load the Amnesia Menu, start a new game/custom story, and then load up your Custom Story maps through the developer menu that way to pretty much remove the entire bug from occurring at all.

I just tend to restart the map (F5, or just load it again entirely) if possible, and that usually fixes it for me. It's an issue confined to the Developer Environment though; or rather, just when ShowMenu="false" in the main_settings.cfg file.

Ok correct me if I'm wrong(I'm a bit drunk), but what you're saying is that this is a main game/engine bug? Nothing to do with my mod/fog settings?

My mod Amadeus
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017, 12:25 AM by Reminiscity.)
12-02-2017, 12:13 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Yes correct! It's the engine itself. I think it forgets to apply some shader settings if it directly loads a map, and then opens the inventory or notes too quickly.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017, 02:10 AM by Romulator.)
12-02-2017, 02:10 AM
Find