Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Black Plague Infected "Stuck" (Possible Bug?)
karlj000 Offline

Threads: 1
Black Plague Infected "Stuck" (Possible Bug?)

I don't have any specific questions, other than "Is this normal?" If it seems unusual, it might be a bug. Perhaps someone can suggest a workaround.

In Black Plague, I find that the infected opponents appear to "get stuck." I'll explain what I mean by this. Recall when you get the syringe from the cabinet, hear the noise, and are prompted to hide - then one of the infected enters the room. This is early in the game.

The walkthroughs that I've read suggest that he'll come in, take a look around, and then return to his patrol route. That never seems to occur for me. He comes in and stands there FOREVER. I've literally left the game for a half hour, just hanging out behind that desk, waiting for the infected guy to leave. He never does.

The reason I wonder if it's a bug is because every 10 seconds (or so, guessing here), I notice that the infected model has a one or two frame "jitter" where he looks like he's going to do something, but then presumably changes his mind.

Can anyone comment on whether or not that's normal?

I guessing that I'm about 3/4 the way through the game, and I find it's pretty common behaviour for the infected. Most of the time it hasn't been a big issue - I find tricks to get by. But now I'm coming up from the kennel, and there's no way around him that I can identify. So here I am... Looking for advice.

If it makes a difference, I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.4 on a 20" mid-2007 iMac - 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, Radeon HD 2600 Pro.

Thanks everyone!
11-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Find
karlj000 Offline

RE: Black Plague Infected "Stuck" (Possible Bug?)

I did eventually find a way past that guy, and then completed the game. I really enjoyed it!

But anyway, yeah, still wondering if this was behaviour other people saw. It was a little strange.
11-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Hm. So they just went to where you were standing and stayed there? Did they actually attack if they saw you?

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
11-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Website Find
CD Set Offline

I find that the Infected frequently seem to get stuck in doorways and whatnot. On the other hand, I do actually see them walk (only, INTO the wall if you catch my drift), so it seems like you have a different problem altogether.

I guess all you can do is just run past them and try to evade/hide. It's not really anything game-breaking, but it's annoying for sure.
11-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Find
darknigger Offline

Threads: 0

Hi everyone, just got my copy of Penumbra Collection for linux and am currently playing Black Plague. I too notice what has been described here, when i got the syringe the infected humanoid entered the room and i had to just run past him because after 10 minutes the guy just wouldn't leave the room. I thought ok, this is a minor bug, probably something i did wrong or so.

Now there's this situation (a bit later in the game) where i enter a room and the infected guy just stands by outside the closed door of the room i just entered and i'm still thinking about how to get past him if he's outside the door i'm supposed to open to run away.

Like other have said, it's not really a game killing thing but at least for me it cuts down the mood a bit.
12-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

i think this is a problem on non windows OS, i have the same problem and i use a macbook, it seems that instead of turning around and continuing their patrol sequence they just decide to stand there, they still run at you and attack when they see you, but in the parts like in the beginning, as mentioned in OP, they just stand there forever, never turning to leave, and there not "stuck" they just don't leave like they are meant to, this means that in some parts, like after kennel, you just have to leg it and hope to get away.
01-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Find
PenumbraOT Offline

Threads: 7

Hi,

If you tried to block the door with objects b4 picking up the Syringe, That might be the cause of the bug.

Have you tried patching 1.01 your game?
Try to throw a random object to make a distraction, That will Sync the monster bug. (Hold object Left mouse+Throw object Right mouse)

greetz

[Image: 2a0asg0.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2011, 03:44 PM by PenumbraOT.)
03-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Website Find
pinkfloyd873 Offline

It's a bug for Mac and Linux users. I managed to complete the game anyways but it definitely made things a little harder. I don't know how to fix it, all I can think of is to verify your game files or to uninstall/reinstall
08-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Find