Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The game crashing when open up for the first time
Dandelion0.1
Unregistered

Not Solved The game crashing when open up for the first time
Verify Integrity of Game Files and reinstalling didn't work. All driver is up to date
This is my laptop specs:

AMD Quad Core FX-9830P 3.0Ghz - 3.7Ghz RADEON R7, 4 CPU+ 8 GPU
AMD RX 460 4096 MB
8 GB DDR4 System Memory
1 TB HDD
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) Operating System

I bought the game from steam December ago, can someone help me?
And yes... Already attach my hpl.log

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 954 bytes / Downloads: 204)
05-21-2018, 12:10 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: The game crashing when open up for the first time
Looks like you're trying to run the game in a 0x0 resolution, according to the log file.

Try navigating to Documents/Amnesia/Main/ and deleting your main_settings.cfg file, and then running Amnesia through the Launcher file and configure your settings as you see fit! To do so, right click Amnesia - The Dark Descent in your Steam Library and select the Run Settings Launcher option.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
05-21-2018, 04:24 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
I believe it says 0x0 when it's in fullscreen.
I suggest trying to run the game in windowed mode as I feel like it's more stable in certain cases.

05-22-2018, 04:19 PM
Find
Unregistered

(05-21-2018, 04:24 AM)Romulator Wrote: Looks like you're trying to run the game in a 0x0 resolution, according to the log file.

Try navigating to Documents/Amnesia/Main/ and deleting your main_settings.cfg file, and then running Amnesia through the Launcher file and configure your settings as you see fit! To do so, right click Amnesia - The Dark Descent in your Steam Library and select the Run Settings Launcher option.

hi, this did not work for me. ive done  this multiple times as well to make sure i did it right. it still crashes just as soon as i start it up, ive tried every setting possible in both full screen and windowed modes, and it crashes instantly without even showing up for more than a few seconds as a black screen as well as a "retrieving and analyzing crash data" window that goes to 25% then cuts out along with the crashed "game" screen.

im attaching my main_settings.cfg file just in case i did do something wrong, apology's for any inconvenience in my problem or stupidity on my part.

Attached Files
.cfg   main_settings.cfg (Size: 610 bytes / Downloads: 172)
11-19-2018, 08:44 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Could you crash the game in windowed mode, then send the new hpl.log file?

11-19-2018, 11:06 PM
Find
Unregistered

[quote pid='365325' dateline='1542656694']
(05-21-2018, 04:24 AM)Romulator Wrote: Looks like you're trying to run the game in a 0x0 resolution, according to the log file.

hi, this did not work for me. ive done  this multiple times as well to make sure i did it right. it still crashes just as soon as i start it up, ive tried every setting possible in both full screen and windowed modes, and it crashes instantly without even showing up for more than a few seconds as a black screen as well as a "retrieving and analyzing crash data" window that goes to 25% then cuts out along with the crashed "game" screen.

im attaching my main_settings.cfg file just in case i did do something wrong, apology's for any inconvenience in my problem or stupidity on my part.
[/quote]

(11-19-2018, 11:06 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Could you crash the game in windowed mode, then send the new hpl.log file?

sure here, and sorry for the late response.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 1.55 KB / Downloads: 172)
11-30-2018, 10:07 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
From the log file:

Quote: Setting up OpenGL
Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
Renderer: GDI Generic
Version: 1.1.0

Your graphics drivers are either not installed or have corrupted. Follow from Point 3 onwards in the Graphics Card Troubleshooting Guide for more assistance. Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-01-2018, 04:56 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.