Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

High Texture Setting = Major FPS Lag
Netsky Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago High Texture Setting = Major FPS Lag

Well, I just got this game yesterday and was actually able to play it for quite some time without a problem. Then I started the game, and at the player selection screen, the FPS of the game dropped to somewhere around 1. After lots of trial and error work I came to the conclusion that it was the texture setting being on "High" that caused this. If the texture setting is on medium, there is no lag at all. This is not an issue caused by either of my graphics cards (Dual Nvidia 8800 GT), as I was playing it maxed out yesterday with no problem, or lag for that matter. So I tried reinstalling the game. That did nothing. I installed the patch. That didn't do anything either. Now I'm at a dead end. I would like to play the game maxed out, if at all possible. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do?
11-16-2010, 05:02 AM
Find
davva Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: High Texture Setting = Major FPS Lag

i'm gonna borrow this thread now.

i have a problem of my own, when i set Penumbra: Overture to 1920x1080 resolution i get mouse lagg, or it sorta stuttery (if that even is a word Tongue) and i only get it in Penumbra. is there anyway of fixing this?

11-16-2010, 05:34 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

If you by max out mean you are running SSAO samples above 16 and with quality for SSAO set to High, then make sure to run with 8-16 as samples and quality to Medium.
11-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Website Find
Netsky Offline

(11-16-2010, 07:58 AM)jens Wrote: If you by max out mean you are running SSAO samples above 16 and with quality for SSAO set to High, then make sure to run with 8-16 as samples and quality to Medium.
Well SSAO resolution on High works fine. It's just when I change the texture quality to high that it does not work.
11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Find