Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fainting?
Bourlingueur Offline

Threads: 2
Fainting?

Made it to the Northern Block in the Prison area... I came to a point where I saw a monster and immediately hid in the nearest cell. Then I tried getting out but another monster made its appearance and I hid back in the cell, crouching in the corner of the room where it was dark and hard for him to spot me.

As soon as I crouched my character fell through the floor and started dropping away from the map as I saw it become smaller and smaller. Then it disappeared, my character collapsed and I died.

I... guess this means I fainted while a monster is near, which means instant death? Or was it the glitch that could have killed me? Has this happened to anyone else? Confused
11-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Fainting?

I remember something very similar to this happening to me in a very similar situation, but I think a monster ended up dealing the final blow. I don't think it's a bug, at least not unless you didn't respawn. I woke up in the same spot with two monsters running toward me and then disappearing.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
11-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Website Find
Bourlingueur Offline

I didn't actually saw the monster, only heard its growl (which was enough to have me cowering in the corner like I did before falling through an ''invisible hole'' Big Grin). I respawned in the same cell too and the monster had disappeared.
11-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Find
ThePaSch Offline

Threads: 11

It's a bug. There are some spots where you can fall through the floor, even if your sanity is alright. Just some clipping errors.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2010, 12:55 PM by ThePaSch.)
11-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Yeah. You're not supposed to fall through the ground, just be incapacitated by fear because you've let your sanity get the best of you.
11-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

The falling to the ground part is normal, the falling through the ground is not.
11-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

and fric added a thing where if you fall down a certain height you automaticly die so your not falling in a world of blackness......a never ending hole....or w/e synonyms you guys wanna use

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
12-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Find