Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Help! I'm Upside Down!
stormaf Offline

Threads: 1
Help! I'm Upside Down!

Yes. I'm a newbie. Now that that's out of the way, maybe you guys can help me out. LOL

I'm bumbling along with Amnesia, and enjoying myself as I go, but I've managed to get Daniel so bloody scared that he's upside down. Even using the light hasn't worked! I'm beginning to get seasick (heaven knows what it's doing to Daniel) and I'd sure like to see the world from a right-side-up view again.

My drivers are new. Whatever they are. This is a new laptop. Please help Daniel and me out!

JNixon Smile
11-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Help! I'm Upside Down!

QUICKLY, QUIT AMNESIA BEFORE YOU WILL GET UPSIDE DOWN VIEW IN REAL LIFE!

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2010, 06:28 AM by Kein.)
11-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Update the drivers for the graphics card by downloading the latest available from ati.com (you have an ATI card correct?) else from nvidia.com.
11-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Website Find
flcn27 Offline

Threads: 4

(11-23-2010, 05:46 AM)stormaf Wrote: Yes. I'm a newbie. Now that that's out of the way, maybe you guys can help me out. LOL

I'm bumbling along with Amnesia, and enjoying myself as I go, but I've managed to get Daniel so bloody scared that he's upside down. Even using the light hasn't worked! I'm beginning to get seasick (heaven knows what it's doing to Daniel) and I'd sure like to see the world from a right-side-up view again.

My drivers are new. Whatever they are. This is a new laptop. Please help Daniel and me out!

JNixon Smile

I had the same problem with the demo but Amnesia worked fine. I do have all the latest drivers btw.
Anyway, playing upside down isn't fun because it's much harder and it breaks the tension a bit.
An easy solution is to turn "insanity" off (go to options) but then you'll also miss all the other insanity features.
You can also try to turn it off for now and turn it on again a bit further into the game.

11-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Find
SeanzBeanz Offline

Threads: 0

Turn your monitor upside down Smile

Or play while standing on your head Smile
11-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Find
davva Offline

CTRL + ALT + Arrow Up or arrow down

11-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Find
stormaf Offline

(11-23-2010, 06:28 AM)Kein Wrote: QUICKLY, QUIT AMNESIA BEFORE YOU WILL GET UPSIDE DOWN VIEW IN REAL LIFE!

*Urp!* Too late! Tongue
I've tried standing on my head, but I keep falling over, which sort of takes all of the enjoyment out of the game. LOL
Putting the computer upside down didn't work out too well either. I had to do this on the floor and the cat kept getting in the way.
I believe that everything in this little beast is up to date, because it isn't very old and does every other game just fine!
Probably turning off the 'insanity' for a bit is my best bet. I'm fairly nuts anyway, so I doubt that I'll miss much for the time being. This game is fun and I usually play it after everybody has gone to bed. In the dark. With a cat or two for company.
There's nothing like being in a scary part and having a cat come up and meow at you! I still have plaster dust under my fingernails......
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2010, 09:33 PM by stormaf.)
11-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Find
stormaf Offline

I turned off the insanity and now I am happily right side up again. Thank you very much!
I'll get back to bumbling my way around the castle now!
11-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Find
flcn27 Offline

Threads: 4

(11-25-2010, 06:49 AM)stormaf Wrote: I turned off the insanity and now I am happily right side up again. Thank you very much!
I'll get back to bumbling my way around the castle now!

Heh np, I had the same problem in the demo. I was showing the demo to a friend but he wasn't very impressed because everything was upside down Dodgy

But then I bought the game and learned that you can solve this by turning insanity off, and now he's too scared to play this game lol Tongue.

11-25-2010, 08:02 AM
Find