Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tar and the Orb *spoilers*
Aphotic Offline

Threads: 3
Tar and the Orb *spoilers*

All in all, amazing game, well worth the play and well worth the scares. The puzzles aren't exceedingly difficult, but the game is definitely a test of fortitude. Just a question after beating the game:

Now, the tar and the Orb. Ultimately, I thought this was a very clever game mechanic, definitely having had to pay attention to the notes to understand. That said, I think the connection itself doesn't make complete sense. In his notes, Daniel woke up from a nightmare, grabbed the Orb pieces and some tar, he "knew" how to put the Orb together, and in the end the tar seemed unnecessary as they slid together themselves. The situation at the end seems almost opposite. You have no immediate idea how the Orb fits together, but the tar itself seems integral to the Orb staying together. Was this a mistake or did I miss something? Does anyone else have any insight?
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2010, 07:11 PM by Aphotic.)
12-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Find
Bourlingueur Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Tar and the Orb *spoilers*

The tar is just used to help the orb stick in the receptacle, not piece the orb together. It is kind of weird though, I always wondered why the orb wouldn't be able to just fit in the receptacle as is.
12-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Find
Childerich Offline

Threads: 1

I know what you mean, but when you assemble the orb, Daniel lays on a layer of tar at the bottom of the depression where the orb is to be placed, but on the sides, the pieces seem to merge perfectly without any adhesive. Maybe that's the phenomenon Daniel was talking about in his diary.
12-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Find
LSunday Offline

Threads: 1

What i read in the note seemed more like: you need the tar to get individual pieces together, but once you put all six in it merges on its own.

Cause Daniel said that when he finished, the tar slid out from the orb as it merged.
02-14-2011, 05:06 AM
Find