Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level editor blackbox crash
LagerShan Offline

Threads: 2
Sad  Level editor blackbox crash

I just downloaded the Amnesia tools and the level editor opens just fine,
but when I load textures from (Primitives) and try to load textures from cellarbase or any other, it gets a blackbox and crashes.

Another note, thumbnails won't load whatsoever when selecting entities or static objects. Any clues?
I reinstalled the game from Steam and reinstalled all the level editor tools.

If I posted this in the wrong forum subject then let me know, I thought technical support didn't have anything to do with the Amnesia tools.

If you want to take a look at the LeveEditor.log then let me know where it's located cause I'm not too keen on where the file is located in.

Any help is appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 01:17 PM by LagerShan.)
12-22-2018, 01:07 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Level editor blackbox crash

Assuming this is on Windows, one thing you could try is to delete the folder at Documents\HPL2. It will regenerate when you start one of the editors. If that doesn't help, attach the LevelEditor.log file you find in that folder.

12-24-2018, 03:03 AM
Find
LagerShan Offline

(12-24-2018, 03:03 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Assuming this is on Windows, one thing you could try is to delete the folder at Documents\HPL2. It will regenerate when you start one of the editors. If that doesn't help, attach the LevelEditor.log file you find in that folder.

Yeah, it's on Windows. I deleted both (TEMP, THUMBNAILS) folders in the HPL2 Folder in Documents.

I booted up the editor, loaded up primitives, went in any base and loaded in the folder (Floor) it crashes as usual so that did not fix it, although there is nothing in the both new generated folders, neither a LevelEditor.log.

I also forgot to mention, Opening the Billboards crashes it, opening the Gobo option from the spotlights crashes it.

I'm also using the Steam version, if that has to do with anything.

Edit: It seems to crash anytime I open a dds file any dds file crashes it. Why is this happening?
Not sure if it has anything to do with Photoshop cause I have that installed
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2018, 05:19 PM by LagerShan.)
12-24-2018, 05:16 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Try validating the game files within Steam. If that doesn't help, try re-extracting the editors - perhaps something didn't copy correctly. If still nothing, try reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable, I believe you can find it in the _CommonRedist folder.

12-26-2018, 01:38 AM
Find
LagerShan Offline

(12-26-2018, 01:38 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Try validating the game files within Steam. If that doesn't help, try re-extracting the editors - perhaps something didn't copy correctly. If still nothing, try reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable, I believe you can find it in the _CommonRedist folder.

When I validated the Steam files, it has said (362 files failed to validate and will be reacquired) Reinstalling the latest Visual C++ Redistributable didn't work either, also tried re-extracting the editors before.
12-26-2018, 10:15 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Could you crash your editor, then go to Documents/HPL2 and post your LevelEditor.log file? If there's a texture which is screwing this up on load, then we may be able to troubleshoot it.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-26-2018, 11:05 AM
Find
LagerShan Offline

(12-26-2018, 11:05 AM)Romulator Wrote: Could you crash your editor, then go to Documents/HPL2 and post your LevelEditor.log file? If there's a texture which is screwing this up on load, then we may be able to troubleshoot it.
There doesn't seem to be a LevelEditor.log inside that folder, also both the Thumbnails and Temp folders are empty.

Is this normal?
12-26-2018, 09:14 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Could there be one such log file or hpl.log in your Amnesia install directory?

12-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Find
LagerShan Offline

(12-27-2018, 12:26 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Could there be one such log file or hpl.log in your Amnesia install directory?

Yeah, I actually do have an Hpl.log in the Redist folder.
Let me stitch an attachment of it so you can take a look at it, thanks for the help!

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 116 bytes / Downloads: 191)
12-27-2018, 06:35 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Hmm, perhaps permissions are a problem. Can you try running the level editor as an administrator?

Perhaps also try creating a new text file called LevelEditor.log (mind the default hidden extensions on Windows). It seems to fail creating the log file so it can't write to it.

12-28-2018, 11:54 AM
Find