Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Something frictional games should do in next games.
Bek Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Something frictional games should do in next games.

I'm into level design.

That stuff is AI.

Could be interesting, however you'd have to avoid situations where they could run into a new area, have the monster follow them and make them run through the level trying to escape it while missing half of the designed elements. Also the loading time between the levels would kill the horror a bit too.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2010, 08:40 AM by Bek.)
12-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Something frictional games should do in next games.

(12-22-2010, 08:38 AM)Bek Wrote: I'm into level design.

That stuff is AI.

Could be interesting, however you'd have to avoid situations where they could run into a new area, have the monster follow them and make them run through the level trying to escape it while missing half of the designed elements. Also the loading time between the levels would kill the horror a bit too.

Still. Adds suspense, thinking "Oh shit did he follow me, what am I going to do!?" I remember in neverwinter nights, which is a older game, I was fighting a dragon that fucking destroyed my party so I ran for it, and during the loading screens was when most of my stress built because I knew it was going to follow me.

Plus, you can always look back at the design elements after the monsters leave. I'm just saying making it so that you can't just leave the area to be able to easily avoid the monster, sort of as a exploit. Not that the monster will follow you and stay there or anything, it should leave if it can't find you.

Also the monsters are a lot faster than you, so you can't outrun it long enough to miss too much detail and stuff.

i spam meme 4 raeg
12-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Find