Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed with Custom Healing Item
Rednie Offline

Threads: 2
Help needed with Custom Healing Item

Hi

I'm creating a mod "Profaned Capital" and I'm looking for help.
To be specific, I want to create a custom healing item (just like laudanum). I've tried through modeleditor but everytime i place my custom healing item on level, it crashes once i enter that level (though i can view it in mapviewer and leveleditor).
Does anyone have experience with custom heal items?
I'm not planning to create a full conversion mod though.

Steam: Rednie (anime girl is avatar picture)
04-08-2020, 04:53 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Help needed with Custom Healing Item

Works fine for me. What does the log file say?

04-09-2020, 11:59 AM
Find
Rednie Offline

(04-09-2020, 11:59 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Works fine for me. What does the log file say?

Added log file as an attachment.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 16.52 KB / Downloads: 169)
04-09-2020, 06:12 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

You have a lot of unrelated errors in your log. I suggest you create a temporary map with only the bare essentials for testing this, then send the log again.

04-09-2020, 09:59 PM
Find
Rednie Offline

(04-09-2020, 09:59 PM)Mudbill Wrote: You have a lot of unrelated errors in your log. I suggest you create a temporary map with only the bare essentials for testing this, then send the log again.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 4.04 KB / Downloads: 164)
04-10-2020, 12:17 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Very strange. It doesn't seem to give any indications at all. And it only crashes when you add the item, and stops crashing if you remove it?

I don't know what's wrong with the item, but it should work fine to make one, so I guess you can try creating it anew.

Open the potion_health.ent and "Save As" another name. Then you can delete the body, and import your custom mesh. This way you can be fairly certain most things are identical to the original.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 12:40 PM by Mudbill.)
04-10-2020, 12:39 PM
Find
Rednie Offline

(04-10-2020, 12:39 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Very strange. It doesn't seem to give any indications at all. And it only crashes when you add the item, and stops crashing if you remove it?

I don't know what's wrong with the item, but it should work fine to make one, so I guess you can try creating it anew.

Open the potion_health.ent and "Save As" another name. Then you can delete the body, and import your custom mesh. This way you can be fairly certain most things are identical to the original.

I've done that too, still doesn't work
04-10-2020, 12:41 PM
Find
Rednie Offline

(04-10-2020, 12:39 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Very strange. It doesn't seem to give any indications at all. And it only crashes when you add the item, and stops crashing if you remove it?

I've attached the entity itself. Could u please take a look and see if it crashes on your end? Big Grin

Attached Files
.rar   Heal item.rar (Size: 57.68 KB / Downloads: 178)
04-10-2020, 11:51 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

The problem is that your texture is incorrectly applied, so it appears invisible in the game.

I assume you've edited the .dae file with a text editor to point to a new texture, since this looks like the wine01 model. But it appears you've named your texture wrong, or put the wrong name in the .dae, since you have estus01.dds as your texture file, but estusflask.mat as your material in the .dae file, thus it's trying to load estusflask.dds instead, which doesn't exist.

Additionally, the model you've picked, wine01, has 3 textures baked into it (a normal map and specular map). Normally this is handled in the .mat file but looks like they are present in the .dae file this time. But this doesn't seem to be an issue for your model, though it does fetch the original normal and spec maps which will affect the texture of your model.

Anyway, to fix it, rename estus01.dds to estusflask.dds, then load the .dae file using the Model Viewer. That should fix the model.

Now, the entity file is incomplete. You've created a shape but you never made it into a body. You must select it and click "Create Body" in the Shape tab. The entity must have a body if you want to interact with it in-game.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 06:34 PM by Mudbill.)
04-12-2020, 06:34 PM
Find
Rednie Offline

(04-12-2020, 06:34 PM)Mudbill Wrote: The problem is that your texture is incorrectly applied, so it appears invisible in the game.

I assume you've edited the .dae file with a text editor to point to a new texture, since this looks like the wine01 model. But it appears you've named your texture wrong, or put the wrong name in the .dae, since you have estus01.dds as your texture file, but estusflask.mat as your material in the .dae file, thus it's trying to load estusflask.dds instead, which doesn't exist.

Additionally, the model you've picked, wine01, has 3 textures baked into it (a normal map and specular map). Normally this is handled in the .mat file but looks like they are present in the .dae file this time. But this doesn't seem to be an issue for your model, though it does fetch the original normal and spec maps which will affect the texture of your model.

Anyway, to fix it, rename estus01.dds to estusflask.dds, then load the .dae file using the Model Viewer. That should fix the model.

Now, the entity file is incomplete. You've created a shape but you never made it into a body. You must select it and click "Create Body" in the Shape tab. The entity must have a body if you want to interact with it in-game.

Could u please attach the fixed entity? I did as you said but now it's purple with little leveleditortextures on it Sad
04-12-2020, 08:27 PM
Find