Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: The Dark Descent -NA Retail Box Relese?
MadDoggyca Offline

Threads: 7
Amnesia: The Dark Descent -NA Retail Box Relese?

I like to know if there is going ot be a Retail version release of this title "Amnesia: The Dark Descent"

I first want to say, I only support retail copy's of software. I refuse to by anything via digial Download. (mite as well call it jsut renting at that point)

[Image: img5233cr2.jpg]
[Image: img5234cr2.jpg]

and for software I do not have the box for Sad but over time finding the boxes. (early CD-rom years)

[Image: img5232cr2.jpg]
12-12-2010, 03:37 AM
Find
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent -NA Retail Box Relese?

? Kind of foolish of you to miss out on amnesia just because you want a cardboard box and disk to add to your collection. If that's how you like it, more "power" to you I guess. But I recommend you just buy the game online. I don't think its going to get a retail version, they are an Indie team and don't have very much money outside the budget of their next game (basing this off of the money issues they had on their last games) and I would think making the game retail would cost alot of money. but that's just my own guess work so.. idk. just buy it online/
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010, 04:12 AM by Alex7754.)
12-12-2010, 04:10 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

You want a box version? If you must I suggest you buy the game through Steam, extract the ISO, and burn it to a CD. I can't think of a reason as to why your renting a game when you actually bought it. No one can take it away from you (unless your doing something illegal of course) and most games these days are digitally downloaded.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010, 04:18 AM by Tenacious.)
12-12-2010, 04:18 AM
Find
MadDoggyca Offline

(12-12-2010, 04:18 AM)Tenacious Wrote: You want a box version? If you must I suggest you buy the game through Steam, extract the ISO, and burn it to a CD. I can't think of a reason as to why your renting a game when you actually bought it. No one can take it away from you (unless your doing something illegal of course) and most games these days are digitally downloaded.

unless in the future the Digtal Download "Store" gose off line.. then were is the game you bought.. Call it pariod but I like to have 100% of contral of the stuff I put my money into.. <its a better investment>

and even though I do not personly do it with PC titles there no resale market in Download Games Sad Steam is evil for forcing you to link you CD key and not be able to unlink it for resale...

also I think a box verson would fit nicely next to my box sets of Overturn, Black Pleage.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010, 04:32 AM by MadDoggyca.)
12-12-2010, 04:29 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

(12-12-2010, 04:29 AM)MadDoggyca Wrote:
(12-12-2010, 04:18 AM)Tenacious Wrote: You want a box version? If you must I suggest you buy the game through Steam, extract the ISO, and burn it to a CD. I can't think of a reason as to why your renting a game when you actually bought it. No one can take it away from you (unless your doing something illegal of course) and most games these days are digitally downloaded.

unless in the future the Digtal Download "Store" gose off line.. then were is the game you bought.. Call it pariod but I like to have 100% of contral of the stuff I put my money into.. <its a better investment>

and evne though I do not personly do it with PC titles there no resale market in Download Games Sad Steam is evil for forcing oyu ot link you CD key and not be able to unlink it for resale...

You can sell Steam games, but it requires you actually giving away the account (along with all the games included with it). Steam is only a distribution system for games and isn't linked to the actual game itself other than holding them in a specific account. Games like Black Ops require a EA profile along with a valid CD key, so it's either way, your account still belongs to you.
12-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Which is worse: The fact that you have Left Behind, or the fact that it was the first thing I noticed?

Anyway, digital download is like renting? I don't understand that at all. DD is probably a more reliable and sensible option for you to get your stuff. There's more of a chance of your house or apartment burning, taking all of those games and your computer away from you, because of a fire than there is of Steam or another similar provider that you choose to use going down. Digital is also better for the environment and helps the developers financially more.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010, 04:59 AM by Sexbad.)
12-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Website Find
Tenacious Offline

(12-12-2010, 04:52 AM)Lee Wrote: Which is worse: The fact that you have Left Behind, or the fact that it was the first thing I noticed?

Anyway, digital download is like renting? I don't understand that at all. DD is probably a more reliable and sensible option for you to get your stuff. There's more of a chance of your house or apartment burning, taking all of those games and your computer away from you, because of a fire than there is of Steam or another similar provider that you choose to use going down. Digital is also better for the environment and helps the developers financially more.

Agreed.

Seems you need one more post there Lee... Tongue
12-12-2010, 05:04 AM
Find
Pojoman Offline

Threads: 1

Isn't the version bought off of frictionals store DRM free? If you really want to have Amnesia as a physical entity burn it to a disk, you don't need to have a robot in china do it for you to make it "official". Hell you can even make your own cd cover for it, shit while your at it you can paint a mural and say it came from the special edition.

All joking aside, I can understand why you wouldn't want to get it on steam, because then it could possibly be unavailable to you at some point. But frictionals store lets you take it and slap it on your own disk so you don't have to worry about not being able to access it without a inet connection.
12-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Find
MadDoggyca Offline

(12-12-2010, 04:52 AM)Lee Wrote: Which is worse: The fact that you have Left Behind, or the fact that it was the first thing I noticed?

IM under the impress you never read the 13 books or a non bealiver?? just my 2 cents worth.
12-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

You can always purchase it on steam, back up the files into a DVD (steam has that feature) and then purchase a case what games have and then design a cover etc yourself.

There, boxed copy Smile
12-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Find