Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: The Dark Descent -NA Retail Box Relese?
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent -NA Retail Box Relese?

If I'm correct, Left Behind is about killing non-Christians during the Rapture. I'm not into bigotry, especially when part of a minority that many evangelical shitheads (you know, the kind who support genocide in Uganda) consider sinister, and I heard it's actually a shit game on top of all the closed-mindedness that was its base.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Website Find
alaskahorrorfan Offline

Threads: 1

Buy the game, d/l it, burn it to a disc with the key in a PDF/text file, BAM you are done.
12-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Find
ving Offline

Threads: 2

at the risk of sounding repetitious... download it and put it on a disc... you could even print up a pretty label and stick it on the disc and a nice cover for it too...

seems a bit silly to miss out on the game cause you cant buy it in a box.... songs from itunes dont come in a box.
12-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Any point in posting the pics?
12-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Find
alaskahorrorfan Offline

(12-12-2010, 11:59 PM)xiphirx Wrote: Any point in posting the pics?

To show his love of games and the physical medium (I guess).
12-13-2010, 03:09 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(12-12-2010, 04:29 AM)MadDoggyca Wrote:
(12-12-2010, 04:18 AM)Tenacious Wrote: You want a box version? If you must I suggest you buy the game through Steam, extract the ISO, and burn it to a CD. I can't think of a reason as to why your renting a game when you actually bought it. No one can take it away from you (unless your doing something illegal of course) and most games these days are digitally downloaded.

unless in the future the Digtal Download "Store" gose off line.. then were is the game you bought.. Call it pariod but I like to have 100% of contral of the stuff I put my money into.. <its a better investment>

and even though I do not personly do it with PC titles there no resale market in Download Games Sad Steam is evil for forcing you to link you CD key and not be able to unlink it for resale...

also I think a box verson would fit nicely next to my box sets of Overturn, Black Pleage.

You do not need an internet connection to play digitally downloaded games. They are on your hard drive and you can play them whenever and wherever you want. If Steam were to suddenly condense (PUN) and no longer be available, your game would still be there, taking up less space than all your boxed copies. Digital downloading is why I game on PC, no disc swapping!
12-14-2010, 04:27 AM
Website Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Digital download is also more environmentally responsible.

Although, yeah, some games on steam require you to hook up to an authentication server to play, here's the thing: so do the boxed versions. Either way you'll have the game installed and be unable to play them unless somehow hacking sites stayed up when the rest of the video game market/economny/world fell to pieces.

I mean, if you're just being paranoid about the end of the world, shouldn't you be stocking up a farm in a remote location in the far reaches of Canada, or something? Digital downloads are not going to be top priority.

A more functional precaution would be to keep a folder of game hacks/cracks to use in case the internet gasps its last.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2010, 08:00 AM by hollowleviathan.)
12-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Find
MrrBond Offline

I see no Command and Conquer...
12-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

It would be pretty b.a. if they could sell a boxed addition from their store.

I too would rather have a hard copy I could rely on, than a internet download. Same reason I don't buy from iTunes (actually there are multiple reasons)

i spam meme 4 raeg
12-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Find
MadDoggyca Offline

Threads: 7

First off Left Behined is about serving the Raputure (not killing any one) its bassed on prier .. I wouldn't say it clossed minded it just like any other gmae thats based on a book.. The idea to try and convert as many as you can to your side that leads up to The War of Armagendon.

but I personly never played the game so I can;'t say if its good or not. But I have read all 13 Books and its outstanding.. A Must read

Second I have the First Decade who dosn't have a CnC title these days?

third Im not pariod of the end of the world type idea I jsut happen to like having something to show for when you pay real money for something (food, and bill exempted) Unless u call recites worth showing off??
12-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Find