Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Is Amnesia should be AVAILABLE on consoles?

I would say YES only so Frictional Games can make more money. But for the gamers out there I say NO.
04-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Website Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

Yes like skypeskype i also would comprehend if FG would want to cash in on the console crowd, but imo the problem for this game to be on consoles is only the controls, they are made to be used with a mouse, the way you open doors, drawers, wood chests, etc you wouldn't have the same precise control of opening speed and feel using a gamepad, with a motion type control like the one on wii or the ps3 maybe.
04-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

Fix your English!!!!! The title should be like: "Should Amnesia be available for consoles?"
And you wrote: "Is Amnesia should be.."-WTF?
04-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

How many people in the console world would really buy this vs. PC world though? Think about that as well. Most of the console crowd is too gaga for Call of Duty, Halo, etc.
04-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Find
Sessika Offline

Threads: 0

Especially if they have to keep that godawful boxart.
04-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(04-19-2011, 01:21 AM)Redeemer Wrote: Amnesia is all about immersion, and it's hard to get immersed in something like this when you're sitting a good distance away from it on a comfy couch with your friends who are either talking about the latest XYZ or shouting and laughing at you when you get chased and/or killed by monsters.

There are plenty of games on the console that are intended and played with immersion in mind. Silent Hill games beg the same dark, silent, shivering approach, and no one is claiming they're misplayed by frat boys with the garish dance music blaring.

And honestly, even though the controller is awkward for FPS games *for me*, it's obvious console players have figured out how to cope and thrive, so that's an invalid argument.
04-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

If you ask me

I think FG absolutely should make it available for the console, not because of immersion or money or anything else like that.

But for the pure and simple reason, that sometimes I can ask someone if they've played Amnesia TDD and they'll give me a blank look and go "Played what?"

I agree a bit with both sides, PC will ALWAYS be better then a console, but nonetheless, I feel that it should be about 'availability' to spread the terror as much as possible Wink

I think it's sad so few console gamers have heard of Amnesia, especially some of them that are horror fans
04-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Website Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Should Amnesia be available for consoles?

Everyone has their reasons, many of them may be valid. But it comes down to a company is in the market to make money. They'll do what they think is cost effective. They think they'll make money, they'll do it. But I know that whatever Frictional does, I'll buy anything they release based on it's quality, not based on personal opinions that for some reason a company has to remain loyal to a platform. If they can keep the excellent qualities that have made their games so great, then I say what the hell. Why not. If anyone can maintain the suspense/horror successfully, it's Frictional.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2011, 06:02 AM by dph314.)
04-29-2011, 05:59 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

(04-29-2011, 05:59 AM)dph314 Wrote: Everyone has their reasons, many of them may be valid. But it comes down to a company is in the market to make money. They'll do what they think is cost effective.

I agree, and I don't think the average console demographic would bite very hard on something like this.
04-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

You don't know console gamers.

04-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Website Find