Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Most scariest enemy
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Servant Grunt
31.25%
45 31.25%
Servant Brute
34.03%
49 34.03%
Water Lurker
27.78%
40 27.78%
The Shadow
6.94%
10 6.94%
Total 144 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The most scariest enemy
Atganos Offline

Threads: 2
The most scariest enemy

Title says it all, what is the most scariest enemy in Amnesia.

In my opinion I would say the servant Brute because they are much quieter than the others. The first time I actually come face to face with him was in the Choir. I barely heard anything but I knew there was a dude around. I stepped back hoping he would go away but the noice gets louder... I turned around and HE WAS FUCKING BEHIND ME!!! He killed me, I couldn't play normally for weeks.

What's your opinion?
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2010, 08:19 PM by Atganos.)
12-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
RE: The most scariest enemy

The shadow SHOULD be the scariest, but he's pretty lame considering the only thing he really does is make organs grow out of the walls, and a few times you run from him.

i spam meme 4 raeg
12-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Kaernk was the scariest for me...

12-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Find
Sessika Offline

Threads: 0

Can we have the whole atmophere up as an option? Tongue
Well I suppose it's Grunt for me. The Shadow and Kaernk didn't bother me much at all beyond the initial 'wtf' moment and by the time I'd met my first Brute I'd already gotten into the swing of finding hiding places, sneaking and *cough* legging it. Blush
My first few encounters with the Grunts, especially in the prison, were the scariest for me. That's not to say I wasn't crapping my pants the whole way through the game though, for I am an unrepentant coward.
12-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

For me it was the water.
12-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

The brute is in the lead? really?

personally I found the water lurker as the most beautiful as 'scary' goes

when you first come across the water lurker... you shit yourself for the first 10 minutes

the brute has nothing on the lurker
12-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Find
Dark88 Offline

Threads: 6

(12-21-2010, 08:04 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: The brute is in the lead? really?

when you first come across the water lurker... you shit yourself for the first 10 minutes

Ditto. The first time I came across that thing I literally turned the game off and called it a night once I got past it. I literally was too shaken to continue on that night. I may or may not have had trouble getting to sleep afterwords I was so freaked out by the lurker. Heck, just thinking about it puts a slight shiver down my spine...
12-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Find
Shev Offline

(12-21-2010, 08:09 AM)Dark88 Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 08:04 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: The brute is in the lead? really?

Ditto. The first time I came across that thing I literally turned the game off and called it a night once I got past it. I literally was too shaken to continue on that night. I may or may not have had trouble getting to sleep afterwords I was so freaked out by the lurker. Heck, just thinking about it puts a slight shiver down my spine...

What? The lurker was the easiest monster to avoid. I didn't find it scary at all. Infact the only time it did manage to kill me or anything is when I didn't realize what it was at first, and got killed. Originally I thought it was crap falling off the ceiling.

i spam meme 4 raeg
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2010, 08:32 AM by Shev.)
12-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

Hahaha well what makes the brute so scary? he's just the same as the grunt

the lurker is easy to avoid if your quick with your keys and after it gets easy to distract it, but admit it... you freaked when you knew what it was and you slipped in the water when it was nearby
12-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Find
Shev Offline

(12-21-2010, 08:36 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: Hahaha well what makes the brute so scary? he's just the same as the grunt

the lurker is easy to avoid if your quick with your keys and after it gets easy to distract it, but admit it... you freaked when you knew what it was and you slipped in the water when it was nearby

With the lurker I knew how to avoid it and knew where it was easier.

The brute is just like the grunt, except it makes a different noise, and the fact that when you first run into it you find a grunt cut in half gives you the feeling its something more powerful than a grunt.

Plus I thought it was like 10x bigger than it really is when I was in the sewer from hearing the sound it made, and how big the sewer was.

Really though if I had known it was just a grunt except a bit nastier, I'd still say grunts/brutes are scarier than the lurker. I mean they have more freedom and crap.

i spam meme 4 raeg
12-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Find