Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Most scariest enemy
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Servant Grunt
31.25%
45 31.25%
Servant Brute
34.03%
49 34.03%
Water Lurker
27.78%
40 27.78%
The Shadow
6.94%
10 6.94%
Total 144 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The most scariest enemy
Xss Offline

Threads: 4
RE: The most scariest enemy

The grunt (the very first enemy), don't know why, I just found him to be scarier...Geez, that face.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2011, 07:04 PM by Xss.)
01-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Find
Splint Offline

Threads: 1

(01-13-2011, 07:01 PM)Xss Wrote: The grunt (the very first enemy), don't know why, I just found him to be scarier...Geez, that face.

When was that?

Spoiler below!
Was that the guy in the wine cellar?
01-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Spoiler below!
The wine cellar, indeed. The thing is I was feeling safe since all of that part was in the demo, and I thought monsters would only start really attacking on the second area (in the storage). And since I was recording all of it as a "let's play", I was also making fun on the commentary for the sake of it. Ie, in the study room the grunt that you see is a scripted event: if you follow him (aka me screaming "you there, gentlement! Please stop and help me to get out of here" Tongue) nothing happens, the monster simply vanishes of the level. I thought the same would happen in the wine cellar, so I started running after the monster...Only to discover he wasn't disappearing. Then he turned around, with the freaking music starting, and oh boy, I knew I did something wrong! Everything is recorded, and will be on youtube within a couple of weeks.
Nonetheless it also completely ruined the surprise of discovering the real appearance of the grunts much much much later in the game.
01-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Find
AMV Ph34r Offline

(01-14-2011, 05:58 PM)Xss Wrote:
Spoiler below!
The wine cellar, indeed. The thing is I was feeling safe since all of that part was in the demo, and I thought monsters would only start really attacking on the second area (in the storage). And since I was recording all of it as a "let's play", I was also making fun on the commentary for the sake of it. Ie, in the study room the grunt that you see is a scripted event: if you follow him (aka me screaming "you there, gentlement! Please stop and help me to get out of here" Tongue) nothing happens, the monster simply vanishes of the level. I thought the same would happen in the wine cellar, so I started running after the monster...Only to discover he wasn't disappearing. Then he turned around, with the freaking music starting, and oh boy, I knew I did something wrong! Everything is recorded, and will be on youtube within a couple of weeks.
Nonetheless it also completely ruined the surprise of discovering the real appearance of the grunts much much much later in the game.
Ahaha, that's pretty much what happened to me too, but I wasn't recording. Though for me...

Spoiler below!
I was playing the demo, and saw the silhouette of the monster. I followed him slowly, but pretty closely. I guess I missed the tip that said he'd see me if I stared at him too long, because he suddenly turned around and chased me. That was about when I decided I'd have to buy the full game XD

Also, I'd love to see your video. Could you link me when you post it?

[Image: elfin_10.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2011, 08:36 PM by AMV Ph34r.)
01-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Find
Xanthara Offline

Threads: 2

I voted for the Servant Grunt. I think they're scary because they can be just about anywhere in the game. The Brute is the hardest enemy to face, IMO, because it's a one hit kill. The Kaernk was easy to avoid, but still scary. Shadow? ... Eh.

Mind you, I haven't beat the game yet, so maybe I'll change my mind later. Angel
01-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Find
Atganos Offline

Threads: 2

(01-16-2011, 09:17 PM)Xanthara Wrote: The Brute is the hardest enemy to face, IMO, because it's a one hit kill.

Actually if your at full health (If it says All is good) you can survive 1 hit from a Brute but yeah you get mostly one hit killed when you are slightly wounded.
01-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Find
penumbra 4ever Offline

Brute is more scary, cause he is more fast, and more strong.

Sorry for my bad English
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2011, 04:39 AM by penumbra 4ever.)
01-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

For me the grunts are the scariest enemies, because in the storage and prison they freakened me out.
01-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Website Find
wizardbaker Offline

Threads: 5

I think the grunts are just more creepy then the rest.

The Shadow is a cool concept, and it does throw in good scares, but it doesn't feel like a monster to me.

The brute I didn't see to often, so it was nice to see some different creatures but they were nothing special

and the water monster wasn't too scary to me... D":

the grunts were just strange, fleshy creatures that struck fear in your heart
02-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10

I was freaked out by the tension of grunt chasing me, but when i entered the "choir" (was it?) and was walking in the middle of the room, i heard a loud growling noise and that *shivers* creepy music, i panicked and tried to look at every direction, so i would know which way it's coming.. It was coming from behind and i just had to run when i saw that large figure in the darkness and the sword he was carrying around Sad And like we all hopefully know, if you run from a Brute, he will start sprinting 2x faster than you do.. And 1 hit K/O.. *Sob*
02-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Find