Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FATAL ERROR RENDER #0
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: FATAL ERROR RENDER #0

(01-05-2011, 01:41 AM)alfie909 Wrote: Well im not mad or blaming frictional games. Also like I said im not very good when it comes to computers and what-not. Is it possable to make the game work with intel cards? ( with an update, something done by the guys who made the game)

Its possible, but worth the time? No, considering that Frictional is only 5 people.

01-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Find
Mastertaco Offline

Threads: 0

(01-05-2011, 01:35 AM)xiphirx Wrote: http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/

Quote:Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForceFX - Integrated graphics and very low budget cards might not work.

I'd stick to the official requirements and not mess with the canyourunit junk. Plus, they provided a free demo, which you could have tested with.

I meet the requirements with a non onboard card Ati x850pro 256mb agp and i get the same exact error as the rest of them on this topic...
01-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Find
ziggo101 Offline

Same here. ATI card and no luck. Fatal error.
A patch for integrated chips would be a great and easy move on the devs' part, mostly because this is a somewhat inexpensive game directed towards those with non-high end setups.

@xiphirx, before you proceed to act like hot ****, know what the hell you're talking about.
01-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

(01-24-2011, 09:29 AM)ziggo101 Wrote: @xiphirx, before you proceed to act like hot ****, know what the hell you're talking about.

Actually, this applies to you.

01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Find
Gameoids Offline

Threads: 1

It saddens me when I see people actually recommending Alienware computers to others.

Whatever you do (especially if you want to buy a new computer/upgrade): DO NOT BUY ALIENWARE COMPUTERS! They are overpriced, overrated piles of... 'garbage' that, when it boils down to it, aren't all that powerful, for what your paying for. If you're going to buy a computer, completely build it yourself. Buy all the components individually (or in bundles), and if you don't know how to do that, get someone else to do it for you.

Also, graphics/video cards are pretty cheap nowadays, so go buy one. Newegg's a good place to buy components, for example. (NVidia GT 430s for $75... Yum.)
01-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Find
St3nsson Offline

I get the same message.
I did everything with lowering the resolution.

I have a ati mobility radeon hd 5470 graphics card, it has 1gb dedicated ram.
Anyone got an idea what I can do to fix the problem? I'm having problems with the demo and not the full game, if that should make any diffrence.

My computer is a msi cx620 with intel core i5-430M. Does it matter what CPU I got?
01-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Find
deepestreaper Offline

is there any chance of a patch?
itd be nice to be able to do something with the $20 dollar game then have it sit in my library...
01-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Find
Edemardil Offline

I also did not see anywhere that Intel cards would not work. I play newer games and they all work except for this one. I play games that seem to be more graphics intensive. I have friend with Intel who play this game. This is a serious issue actually that needs to be addressed. These guys do not label the game as it is sold. There are people who know nothing or little about graphics technology or the like who are buying this game and paying these guys salaries. There HAS to be a way to fix this game for paying customers and to say 'It is on Intel now' is an excuse to not fix it which frankly is not acceptable. I did not pay Intel for this game, I paid Frictional. Why can I play Left 4 Dead and Portal on full graphics and not this game? Makes no sense. I hope to see this fixed soon.
(01-05-2011, 02:09 AM)xiphirx Wrote:
(01-05-2011, 01:41 AM)alfie909 Wrote: Well im not mad or blaming frictional games. Also like I said im not very good when it comes to computers and what-not. Is it possable to make the game work with intel cards? ( with an update, something done by the guys who made the game)

Its possible, but worth the time? No, considering that Frictional is only 5 people.

Worth the time? I guess because they have their money now why fix a product that they sold without proper explanation of it. I got mine from steam and NO WHERE does it say 'Does not work with Intel' You excuses are disgusting and I really hope you are not a representative of their company.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2011, 11:45 AM by Edemardil.)
04-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

It says integrated graphics might not work or for some stores does not work depending how you phrase it. There is also a demo to try before purchase. We can't fix it as it is a problem with the OpenGL support in Intel's drivers. As the drivers for Linux works if you use the latest development versions there is hope that those improvements will transition to the Windows drivers in the future.
04-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Website Find
xiphirx Offline

Quote:
(01-05-2011, 02:09 AM)xiphirx Wrote:

Worth the time? I guess because they have their money now why fix a product that they sold without proper explanation of it. I got mine from steam and NO WHERE does it say 'Does not work with Intel' You excuses are disgusting and I really hope you are not a representative of their company.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Frictional Games, I'm just a fan.

Sorry, you bought it on steam you said?
Hmmm...
(from http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/)
[Image: JmSqN.png]

Gee, they didn't state it anywhere at all right?

Oh, by the way, there's a free demo.

Also, you can play Left 4 Dead and all of those other games because they were made by a huge company. A huge company that has a lot of developers, not a measly 5. How is it possible? Basically, Left 4 Dead emulates the features your drivers don't support (aka CPU work). Emulating things that should be implemented in every graphic card drivers by now is time consuming, and it's not really possible when you have a dwindling budget.

Remember, the vendors (Intel, nVidia, ATI) implement the technology, not the game company.

The people you should really be mad at are Intel, they sold you an outdated graphics card.

04-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Find