Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Want scarier?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES, I want to be scarred for life
46.55%
27 46.55%
...A bit.
22.41%
13 22.41%
Noooo, already too scary or scary enough!
31.03%
18 31.03%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Did anyone wish it was MORE scary?
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Did anyone wish it was MORE scary?

(12-31-2010, 02:28 AM)LoneWolf Wrote: (..) everything is scripting nothing is random.

Great, you've just understood one of the fundamental statements of computer programming.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-31-2010, 04:33 AM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

(12-31-2010, 02:04 AM)Thanatos Wrote: Definitely the scariest game I have personally played however, I didn't feel the tension was kept up at the end. Maybe I just got used to the terror and if I played it now would find myself scoffing at the parts that had me pausing the game and taking a breather hiding under my desk.
I think the end of the game was toned down to allow the player to focus more on the story's climax rather than hiding in closets & creeping through shadows. I think it might also represent Daniel conquering the ghosts of his past and facing his fears head-on.
(12-31-2010, 02:04 AM)Thanatos Wrote: The only thing that I would have liked (to help amp up the tension for me) is for Daniel not to read almost all the notes you find. It broke the immersion for me as I was no longer Daniel, I would have liked to read them myself at my own pace.
The fact that Daniel's former self is narrating his journal entries allows you to view him as a separate character while you remain immersed in his (your) current self. I thought it was effective in conveying Daniel's previous emotions and show just what kind of character he must've been - something that could only be achieved through voice acting.
I rambled on a bit more on this in my review.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
12-31-2010, 07:03 AM
Find
Aisenma Offline

Threads: 0

Just sharing a sentiment repeated before...PLEASE don't turn on the warning music when a monster appears. That just allows(for those who notice the pattern) to easily predict when a monster appears and totally ruins the fear of uncertainty.

One guy said this totally remove any scare factor from the game.
01-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Find