Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfortunate issue with the music
Monkeydude Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Music  Unfortunate issue with the music

This isn't a very serious bug. It's just barely bad enough to ruin my experience for this level, at least.

So I start up the game and it takes me to the menu, where everything looks and sounds fine. I click continue and it starts loading where I left off. Unfortunately I don't know what to call this part, but it's the level where the ground suddenly floods when you enter it and you have to stay on boxes to save your health. I got past the heavy gate before quitting.

The problem is that the music is choppy. It goes for about a second before skipping like a scratched CD. The strange thing is, the music was completely fine until this point. Even the music from the main menu sounds normal. The particularly frantic-sounding music on the other side of the gate sounded fine last time I played it. Why would I be having issues with this particular track? I've installed the drivers linked in the sticky and it didn't change anything.

EDIT: By listening to files in the game's music folder, it seems the problematic file is 07_amb.ogg. I wouldn't have expected that since i remember listening to 08_amb.ogg right before I got to this part.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2011, 01:26 AM by Monkeydude.)
01-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Unfortunate issue with the music

If the problem is in the game file itself, you're probably going to need to either redownload/reinstall the game, and if that doesn't fix it, get the sound file from someone else.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
01-13-2011, 04:37 AM
Website Find
Monkeydude Offline

I forgot to mention, the sound file is fine, although I had my doubts at first because I was used to hearing the breaks. It's when it plays in the game that it comes out choppy.

It's not that bad. I'll probably just play the game and hope it doesn't happen for sound files in the future.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2011, 05:57 AM by Monkeydude.)
01-13-2011, 05:48 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

What drivers from what sticky?

Could be that it starts to chop because there is too much going on, is the gaming slowing down as well? Perhaps try to lower the graphics settings a bit. It could also be that there are more sound channels in use than your soundcard supports, if so it should stop perhaps as soon as you finish this particular level.
01-13-2011, 06:03 AM
Website Find
Monkeydude Offline

I'm referring to the Realtek driver from http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid33360 as well as the latest version of OpenAL. I don't know why I would need these things, but it can't hurt to try, right?

I didn't notice the game slowing down, but then again, I quit as soon as I noticed the music was wrong. But it could easily be that there's too much going on. My CPU is kind of old. Dodgy Thank you for the suggestions. I'll try them and I'll post again if I'm still having the problem later in the game.
01-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Find
Monkeydude Offline

It's weird. I loaded my save and the music was choppy as usual, but all I had to do was play a little and as soon as I did something to cause the music to change (like put myself in danger), all the music, every track I heard, sounded perfectly normal. I guess the solution was to stop being a coward and play the game.
01-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

Could you upload that save? Just to check if I can reproduce the problem.

EOF
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2011, 08:27 AM by Luis.)
01-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Find