Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crying in Cistern.
Informative Offline

Threads: 13
Crying in Cistern.

My friend is playing Amnesia for the first time and he asked me what the crying was. I do not know either. So, does anyone have an idea who is crying in the Cistern?

P.S: How come you hear the invisible water creature growling after each valve turned but never have it chase you?

[Image: 10138.png]
01-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Crying in Cistern.

P.S: To scare you. You hear something, but you don't see it. Having the fear to encounter it.

Who is crying? Was someone really crying there?

01-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

What crying? I can't remember any crying...

01-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Website Find
ROT51 Offline

Threads: 3

I heard it. There's a some sort of chamber at the center of the cistern. After i turned first wheel, and wondered where's the water coming. It sounded like someone was trapped in there. It's like very echoing shouting, so the chamber might be very deep. I don't know who's in there.
01-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

Imo it looked like a little prison where someone was trapped, and you probably drowned him to get the sewer flow going, kind of a moral dilemma i guess, either you press Save and Exit and save him or make the water flow and he drowns for your survival. I would choose the latter =3

And as of the water monster

Spoiler below!

When youve turned the valves the shadow arrives in the place and a water monster appears in the water.

Sorry i dont know how to make spoiler tags or whatever theyre called. How do i make them?

(Scraper made them for you. Smile)

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2011, 05:05 PM by Yuhaney.)
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(01-14-2011, 03:58 PM)Doctorcheese Wrote: Sorry i dont know how to make spoiler tags or whatever theyre called. How do i make them?

[spoiler]your spoiler here[/spoiler]
Spoiler below!
your spoiler here

01-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Website Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Spoiler below!
Sadly, I had a little gameplay bug in the cistern: I was pretty sure something was going to happen, like the water monster: I even saw it splashing in the water, near the first valve. And yet, the script did not work: no water monster spawned in the area, and once I activated all the valves the shadow did not appear either: I realized it watching a video on youtube. The absence of monsters coupled to the fact that I was having a really really really hard time with the puzzles in that area of the game made me think I had to find an object to use on the chamber in the cistern, maybe to unlock something...And then run, because whatever was inside of the cistern crying was going to break free and chase me! Big Grin I was so certain that a monster was going to come out of that chamber that I thought that I'll have to kill him with the steam coming from the pipes, by running and activating the "steam valve"! Gosh, that would have been quite tense!
01-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

Spoiler below!
Thanks!Big Grin

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
01-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Find
Splint Offline

Threads: 1

(01-14-2011, 06:05 PM)Xss Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Sadly, I had a little gameplay bug in the cistern: I was pretty sure something was going to happen, like the water monster: I even saw it splashing in the water, near the first valve. And yet, the script did not work: no water monster spawned in the area, and once I activated all the valves the shadow did not appear either: I realized it watching a video on youtube. The absence of monsters coupled to the fact that I was having a really really really hard time with the puzzles in that area of the game made me think I had to find an object to use on the chamber in the cistern, maybe to unlock something...And then run, because whatever was inside of the cistern crying was going to break free and chase me! Big Grin I was so certain that a monster was going to come out of that chamber that I thought that I'll have to kill him with the steam coming from the pipes, by running and activating the "steam valve"! Gosh, that would have been quite tense!
Spoiler below!
I think the water monster only gets triggered if you've already completed the morgue level.
01-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6

(01-14-2011, 03:58 PM)Doctorcheese Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Imo it looked like a little prison where someone was trapped, and you probably drowned him to get the sewer flow going, kind of a moral dilemma i guess, either you press Save and Exit and save him or make the water flow and he drowns for your survival. I would choose the latter =3

Yes.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2011, 06:45 PM by Fortigurn.)
01-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Find