Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renderer #0 error
Puckman384 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Renderer #0 error

I know there are about 1,334,959 posts on this issue, but maybe that should tell you something, right?
1. I'm not too tech savvy, but before I ever download a game I make sure my computer can run it. A toaster stapled to a monitor could run this game, so I'm set there. Here are my specs: Intel ® graphics media accelerator HD (YES, integrated graphics. It's one reason i bought the game, so I knew I could run it) on Windows 7 (64-bit) with 3.8 gigs of RAM and 2.3GHz performance.
2. I've stooped around trying to find a solution. I play on the "suggested" res (1024x768) with SSAO and "edge smooth" turned OFF. I can't even launch the game before it crashes. I immediately get the error about "renderer #0". I don't believe updating my drivers will work. The laptops practically brand new (i3) and I can play a game with pretty decent graphics (like CoD 4 or Napoleon: total war) just fine. I also don't feel comfortable doing it.
3. Is there any other solution? Will there/ can there be a patch? When?

If there can't I need some contact so I can return the game. I didn't pay $20 to get an error message.

Thanks
01-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Renderer #0 error

You trollin?

01-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Find
Sel Offline

Threads: 10

(01-15-2011, 12:01 AM)Puckman384 Wrote: A toaster stapled to a monitor could run this game, so I'm set there.

Your computer is bested by a toaster then, congrats.

Here's the patch you need to get, get a computer with a dedicated graphics card.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 12:48 AM by Sel.)
01-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

I find it funny, this guy contradicts himself, classy troll eh?

01-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Find
Puckman384 Offline

Thanks

I just need help and I get greeted by a bunch of a-holes. You're a "senior member", and that is how you present yourself? That's the great thing about the internet. I post once and this guy's got me all figured out. Anyways, I installed the game on a computer that can "handle it" (Again, my laptop can play most games fine and I checked this one, but oh well) and its super fun. I can't wait for a patch (?) though. it would be nice.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 12:56 AM by Puckman384.)
01-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Sorry if the contradictions in your post made it almost impossible for you to not be a troll. Take a look at what you posted.

Quote:I know there are about 1,334,959 posts on this issue, but maybe that should tell you something, right?

Yes, this does tell us something. People don't check the requirements for games and hope they run.

Quote:1. I'm not too tech savvy, but before I ever download a game I make sure my computer can run it.

Ok, good start.

Quote: A toaster stapled to a monitor could run this game, so I'm set there.

How the hell did you even figure this? Amnesia is very graphics intensive...

Quote:Here are my specs: Intel ® graphics media accelerator HD (YES, integrated graphics. It's one reason i bought the game, so I knew I could run it)

The way you said "YES" shows that you are aware that intel integrated graphics don't run the game, but then you say this is the reason you bought the game (contradicting). Why would the reason that tells you that you can't run the game make you buy it? (troll like) How the hell did you figure you can run it?

Quote: on Windows 7 (64-bit) with 3.8 gigs of RAM and 2.3GHz performance.
2. I've stooped around trying to find a solution. I play on the "suggested" res (1024x768) with SSAO and "edge smooth" turned OFF. I can't even launch the game before it crashes. I immediately get the error about "renderer #0". I don't believe updating my drivers will work. The laptops practically brand new (i3) and I can play a game with pretty decent graphics (like CoD 4 or Napoleon: total war) just fine. I also don't feel comfortable doing it.

You can only play those games since they support DirectX, and have special things specifically for Intel. You need to understand though, that Frictional is only 5 guys, and they were on the verge of bankruptcy while developing amnesia. They can't afford to make it available to cards that shouldn't even be trying to play games in the first place.

Quote:3. Is there any other solution? Will there/ can there be a patch? When?

If there can't I need some contact so I can return the game. I didn't pay $20 to get an error message.

No solution at the moment. You are at the mercy of Intel. I really don't know why Frictional is getting the hate. It's Intel's fault for not supporting a widely used graphics API in their cards.

It's your own fault that you didn't check the requirements thouroughly.

Thanks

01-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Find
Puckman384 Offline

(01-15-2011, 01:02 AM)xiphirx Wrote: Sorry if the contradictions in your post made it almost impossible for you to not be a troll. Take a look at what you posted.

Quote:I know there are about 1,334,959 posts on this issue, but maybe that should tell you something, right?

Yes, this does tell us something. People don't check the requirements for games and hope they run.

Quote:1. I'm not too tech savvy, but before I ever download a game I make sure my computer can run it.

Ok, good start.

Quote: A toaster stapled to a monitor could run this game, so I'm set there.

How the hell did you even figure this? Amnesia is very graphics intensive...

Quote:Here are my specs: Intel ® graphics media accelerator HD (YES, integrated graphics. It's one reason i bought the game, so I knew I could run it)

The way you said "YES" shows that you are aware that intel integrated graphics don't run the game, but then you say this is the reason you bought the game (contradicting). Why would the reason that tells you that you can't run the game make you buy it? (troll like) How the hell did you figure you can run it?

Quote: on Windows 7 (64-bit) with 3.8 gigs of RAM and 2.3GHz performance.

You can only play those games since they support DirectX, and have special things specifically for Intel. You need to understand though, that Frictional is only 5 guys, and they were on the verge of bankruptcy while developing amnesia. They can't afford to make it available to cards that shouldn't even be trying to play games in the first place.

Quote:3. Is there any other solution? Will there/ can there be a patch? When?

No solution at the moment. You are at the mercy of Intel. I really don't know why Frictional is getting the hate. It's Intel's fault for not supporting a widely used graphics API in their cards.

It's your own fault that you didn't check the requirements thouroughly.

Thanks

I figured i can run the game because i3 graphics are top of the line integrated graphics (which understandably isn't saying much) that can run graphics intensive games. The reqs on steam say "some" integrated graphics don't work. I guess assumed I wouldn't be on that boat. So YES I realize that I took a chance, but please don't be so demeaning. As a senior member of this site, maybe you should present yourself in a helpful demeanor and not as a self righteous asshole. They should put was specific integrated graphics don't work to save some time. Stop calling me a troll, I seriously don't know what I'm doing and I certainly don't deserve to be talked in such a demeaning way when I'm trying to get help.
01-15-2011, 01:15 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Just because I'm a senior member of the forum doesn't require me to act in a helpful way. I can act in anyway I please under the confinements of the rules. Don't expect me to be nice or helpful to people who don't check requirements, or don't even take the time to check if the free demo works before buying. There really is no excuse.

By the way, i3 describes the processor, not the integrated graphics. And the requirements say that integrated may work, not some integrated graphics don't work.
Requirements Wrote:Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForceFX - Integrated graphics and very low budget cards might not work.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/

You should have expected to be talked to this way based on your post. You pretty much insult the game, and it's capabilities. Then you disregard the
Quote:1,334,959
posts that describe your same issue.

Don't worry though, you still have hope. Penumbra initially didn't support integrated cards like amnesia, but a driver update from Intel made it possible.

01-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Find
Puckman384 Offline

(01-15-2011, 01:20 AM)xiphirx Wrote: Just because I'm a senior member of the forum doesn't require me to act in a helpful way. I can act in anyway I please under the confinements of the rules. Don't expect me to be nice or helpful to people who don't check requirements, or don't even take the time to check if the free demo works before buying. There really is no excuse.

By the way, i3 describes the processor, not the integrated graphics. And the requirements say that integrated may work, not some integrated graphics don't work.
Requirements Wrote:Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForceFX - Integrated graphics and very low budget cards might not work.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/

You should have expected to be talked to this way based on your post. You pretty much insult the game, and it's capabilities. Then you disregard the
Quote:1,334,959
posts that describe your same issue.

Don't worry though, you still have hope. Penumbra initially didn't support integrated cards like amnesia, but a driver update from Intel made it possible.

It's true. You don't have to be helpful, but is it that hard? I was being sarcastic, you were insulting me because I made a mistake as someone who doesn't use a PC that often. Big difference. Thanks for the help, no matter how hard it was to get out of you in a non-insulting matter. By the way, this is why I don't play PC often, because personally I often don't like the community who puts down those who have no fucking clue what they're doing.
01-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Please tell me where I insulted you? I merely asked if you were trolling.

My second post in the topic is calling you a troll, but remember, this is my assumption. You haven't replied when I said that so I could be (and I see) wrong.

Quote:By the way, this is why I don't play PC often, because personally I often don't like the community who puts down those who have no fucking clue what they're doing.

That can be said to every community really.

If you had no clue about what you were doing, why'd you make it seem like you did in your post? Claiming that a toaster stapled to a monitor could run the game tells me that you should know something before saying that.

01-15-2011, 01:31 AM
Find