Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freeze/Crash at a specific point in the game
Eltimas Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Freeze/Crash at a specific point in the game

[Warning: possible spoilers.]
Near the end of the game, in the Inner Sanctum, where you have to stand in the ritual circles(After sacrificing some blood) When Daniel falls to the ground the game just freezes, and eventually crashes my PC. Since I cannot do anything either in-game or outside, I'd have to press and hold the shutdown button to be able shut the whole thing down.
I've tried it many times, lower resolution, lowest effects, windowed screen, nothing works.

To visually show you where I'm precisely crashing. It is when Daniel falls to the ground and the beeping sound is all I hear until I forcefully shutdown my PC
@ 8:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuoMT_pASwQ

My copy of Amnesia: The Dark Descent is legal and I'm playing it through Steam.

Any ideas?

[Image: Eltimaskitty12.jpg]
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more." -Henry V
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 01:49 AM by Eltimas.)
01-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Freeze/Crash at a specific point in the game

Please post hpl.log from My documents/Amnesia/main

01-15-2011, 01:49 AM
Find
Eltimas Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Freeze/Crash at a specific point in the game

(01-15-2011, 01:49 AM)xiphirx Wrote: Please post hpl.log from My documents/Amnesia/main
It is in the attachment.

01-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

ERROR: Couldn't create SoundEntity 'stopeffect.snt'
ERROR: Cannot find sound entity 'stopeffect'

Looks like you're missing files

Check the integrity of the files through steam please.

01-15-2011, 02:40 AM
Find
Eltimas Offline

(01-15-2011, 02:40 AM)xiphirx Wrote: Check the integrity of the files through steam please.

Doing so right now. Will update you after the integrity, thanks.

01-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Find
Eltimas Offline

(01-15-2011, 02:40 AM)xiphirx Wrote: ERROR: Couldn't create SoundEntity 'stopeffect.snt'

Looks like you're missing files

Check the integrity of the files through steam please.
The problem was not solved. The game still freezes my PC and shuts it down. Oh and I forgot to mention that the 'blue screen full of text' shows before I manually shutdown my PC.
I'm thinking of giving up on this crap, I'm inflicting damage to my PC. I think I should stop trying and just watch a video of the ending.

Sorry for the double-post.

01-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Maybe try and turn off the steam overlay (community thing) for when running amnesia and see if that helps. Or let the character stay in the light for a while, so he regains sanity before doing the altar things, this way you should be able to avoid having him fall to the ground.
01-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Website Find
Eltimas Offline

(01-15-2011, 01:45 PM)jens Wrote: let the character stay in the light for a while, so he regains sanity before doing the altar things, this way you should be able to avoid having him fall to the ground.

That actually worked. I've let Daniel regain his conscious fully, before attempting the rituals. I can't believe that I was only a door away from completing the game.

Thanks for the help everyone.

01-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Find