Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!
ryushusupercat Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Exclamation  Help!

I bought the full version of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and downloaded the Windows version. I don't know if its because I closed my laptop and then reopened it, with the file finished downloading (but naturally, the download time would have been unnaturally short), but I cannot access the .zip file, and when I try to extract the files from it, it says the folder is empty!
01-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Find
PrZen Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Help!

(01-18-2011, 12:03 AM)ryushusupercat Wrote: I bought the full version of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and downloaded the Windows version. I don't know if its because I closed my laptop and then reopened it, with the file finished downloading (but naturally, the download time would have been unnaturally short), but I cannot access the .zip file, and when I try to extract the files from it, it says the folder is empty!

I would strongly suggest to download one more time...
01-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Find
witkin Offline

Yes it sounds like by closing your laptop you will have put your machine into sleep mode, hence disconnected yourself, hence cut short your download.

You will need to download the .zip again.

Best,
Howard Witkin Esq.
01-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Find
ryushusupercat Offline

(01-18-2011, 12:23 AM)witkin Wrote: Yes it sounds like by closing your laptop you will have put your machine into sleep mode, hence disconnected yourself, hence cut short your download.

You will need to download the .zip again.

Best,
Howard Witkin Esq.

Busy downloading it again. Will it disconnect if the screen-saver pops up (or if it goes black a while after the screen-saver is up) even if the laptop itself is open?
01-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Find
ryushusupercat Offline

It still isn't working! It can't even find the file!
01-18-2011, 04:22 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Yes a computer can go to sleep/hibernation so it looses the internet connection even if you do not close the laptop. You would have to temporary disable the sleep timer.

Use "save as..." on the download link to specify where to save the file so it is easier to find it.
01-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Website Find
ryushusupercat Offline

(01-18-2011, 06:57 AM)jens Wrote: Yes a computer can go to sleep/hibernation so it looses the internet connection even if you do not close the laptop. You would have to temporary disable the sleep timer.

Use "save as..." on the download link to specify where to save the file so it is easier to find it.

Okay, I'll try that. Thank you
01-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Find