Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I must be crazy, but the prison didn't scare me *that* much
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4
RE: I must be crazy, but the prison didn't scare me *that* much

I agree, it only took me about 40-50 min to get through the prison. My technique was simple, everytime I passed a door I opened it so that when a monster spawned it would be easy for me to hide.

For me the prison would've been one of the scariest parts in the game (up there with the Choir, the Storage room and the water monster chase) if monsters were constantly patrolling around instead of spawning and despawning. Because monsters disappear I fell into a pattern:

1. Hear monster.
2. Hide.
3. Hear monster music go away.
4. Advance knowing I was no longer in any danger.

While the prison is intense, imo the scripted nature of the scares make it bit of a lost opportunity.
01-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Find
blackakari Offline

Threads: 2

(01-20-2011, 11:02 AM)Urrah Wrote: Because monsters disappear I fell into a pattern:

1. Hear monster.
2. Hide.

While the prison is intense, imo the scripted nature of the scares make it bit of a lost opportunity.
Yup that pretty much summed it up about the monsters. It would have been a lot better if they were not scripted.

They should rename Amnesia to F.E.A.R

- Fuck Everything and Run
01-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Find
kailip Offline

(01-20-2011, 11:02 AM)Urrah Wrote: I agree, it only took me about 40-50 min to get through the prison. My technique was simple, everytime I passed a door I opened it so that when a monster spawned it would be easy for me to hide.

For me the prison would've been one of the scariest parts in the game (up there with the Choir, the Storage room and the water monster chase) if monsters were constantly patrolling around instead of spawning and despawning. Because monsters disappear I fell into a pattern:

1. Hear monster.
2. Hide.

you're unlucky you knew it at your first playthrough... in my first playthrough i had no idea if they were still there or not Big Grin
01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

You just wait, Frictional is going to stealth release a patch through Steam that randomizes the monsters without telling anybody, and the next time someone goes through the game, SURPRISE.
01-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(01-20-2011, 10:27 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: You just wait, Frictional is going to stealth release a patch through Steam that randomizes the monsters without telling anybody, and the next time someone goes through the game, SURPRISE.

hahah!
01-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Website Find
JarrodTheBobo Offline

that sounds like a good idea...i got around the prison pretty easily to. what i basicly did was if there was a monster down the hall, id just stand in a dark corner until it went away...then, since it was patrolling, i would just walk down to the next monster spawn point. I hope they randomize it in the next patch.
01-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

If it was your first play-through, how did you know where was the "next monster spawn point"?

01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Website Find
Xss Offline

Tanshaydar Wrote:If it was your first play-through, how did you know where was the "next monster spawn point"?

Because the monsters almost always spawn when you reach key spots of the game, most of the time when finding an important object (the rods for the elevator, the pieces of the orb), or when activating something in a level so it will open a door at the other end of the level. I easily guessed half of the spawning monsters during my first play-through, but I got my share of surprises also!
01-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

"Almost always", and previous one sounded like "exactly always".
I sometimes forgot how genius other players can be. My bad.

01-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(01-21-2011, 07:34 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I sometimes forgot how genius other players can be. My bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBVoTZmItwI
skip to 1:30ish

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
01-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Website Find