Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FPS drop and a possible work around
Druaightagh Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago FPS drop and a possible work around

Having an issue with the game where by every third second "ish" the FPS would drop, not really a stuttering, more a wave consisting of 2 seconds of good FPS then a sudden plummet and so on. This starts right from the select profile screen, all the way through the game there after.

I tried all the general and specific things mentioned on the boards here and anything else I could find via google, nothing changed, still this same peak then sharp drop in FPS.

Finally today I attempted to set the priority on the Amnesia.exe to High via the Task Manager, this seemed to fixed it. Smooth (albeit around 22) FPS.

Further still however, I quit the game and tried a theory out and in the end it appears that I don't even have to change the priority at all, simply alt-tabbing out of the game, then back into it was enough to clear the problem. Very odd.

Perhaps launcher.exe or amnesia.exe aren't releasing some resource properly at start up, dunno, anywho, here's the specs of the machine I am/was having an issue with and the log files attached...

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo CPU
Memory: 3072MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
GeForce 6800 Ultra

Attached Files
.log   launcher.log (Size: 3.41 KB / Downloads: 77)
01-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Find