Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Linux Beta Demo and Feedback (1.0.1 Final Out)
kriko Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Linux Beta Demo and Feedback

@thetargos: I have emu10k1 too, but I'm experiencing cuts as well. How can I change this buffer size?
04-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Find
thetargos Offline

Threads: 4

This may vary from distribution to distribution, in Fedora, for example, it is controlled by the /etc/alsa/alsa.conf file, which sets all the global parameters for ALSA to use (the default file in a default alsa installation would be /etc/alsa.conf or asound.conf). These parameters could be overriden with a file called .asoundrc (those of you familiar with TeamSpeak + alsa + single-stream-sound cards [no hwmixing cards, such as Intel, nForce, etc] I'm sure you've heard about this, especially to setup dmix) which should be stored in your /home directory. I don't remember off the top of my head how to alter the buffer size (in the config), or how to programmatically do this... You can check over http://alsa.opensrc.org the section regarding .asoundrc for the sintax.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with a problem I had once with ogg123, which would would incur in buffer underruns quite badly and the sound was all grabled and full of "artifacts", which was when I played with the buffer sizes, and found out this helped quite a bit.
04-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Find
jagwah Offline

Just tried the Demo, not bad, I'll be getting the full version once it's out for sure. Installation went smoothly, no problems, just had to remove libstdc++.so.6.0.8 from the lib folder to run the game, other than that I didn't have to do anything else. It ran perfectly, no sound issues, no problems what so ever. Only thing was it was a bit short Wink Can't wait for the full version, looking forward to it.

Thanks for doing a Linux version.

My system

P4 3.2Ghz
2 Gig Dual Channel RAM
GF 6800GT (256MB)
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Mandriva 2007.0

I also run kubuntu 6.10, but there were plenty of others using *buntu's, so I installed and ran the game in Mandriva 2007 as I didn't see any reference to that, ran like a dream.
04-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Find
Karsten Offline

Hi,

I have tested the demo on an openSUSE 10.2 and 10.1 PC. The first version works fine, without any hitch. The older version is not working. It is the described
"./penumbrademo: line 2: 6390 Gleitkomma-Ausnahme (core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib ./penumbrademo.bin" error.

If the game will be available in german, I will buy it.

FF.,

Karsten.
04-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Find
foulmetal Offline

Threads: 1

Anyone with a geforce 4 ti or geforce 3 and game is or not working?
04-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Find
timonator Offline

Threads: 3

foulmetal Wrote:Anyone with a geforce 4 ti or geforce 3 and game is or not working?

i could play the demo fine (though sluggish) in my Geforce 3 ti 200.
04-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Find
ighea Offline

The demo worked nicely on Pentium-M 760 2GHz laptop with GeForce 6200 TurboCache (all default settings 1024x768 etc.). I'm running i686 Arch Linux 0.8 Voodoo.

Thanks for the Linux client!
04-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Find
foulmetal Offline

Great news!
The game is now working natively with my GeForce4 Ti 4400!!

I don't know why it works now. My distro is Archlinux and there are nvidia packages called nvidia-96xx and nvidia-96xx-utils. I had to remove them from my distro and then I downloaded the .run from nvidia site directly, I make the installation of this file and it worked. Then I removed all files that was installed by this install and I re-installed the packages above of my distro and now it works ! Very strange story, isn't it?

Now glxinfo gives right informations about vertex shaders and vertex programs, and the game is working like a charm!

Sorry Thomas to have refuted what you said to me. Yes, it was a driver problem!

This game is great! And I can't stand to wait for the official release for Linux! Sure I will buy it!
04-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Find
ced117 Offline

I forgot to thank you about porting the game to linux ! Big Grin
04-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Website Find
Miles Prower Offline

Works like a charm. I have yet to compare the performances with the demo running in Linux (Ubuntu 7.04 Herd5 here) and XP, just for kicks.

Why isn't the Linux demo mentionned on the website? The "Demo" link only shows the Windows one.
04-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Find