Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Render error, but abel to play demo
victorjr Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Question  Render error, but abel to play demo

Hi all
this is the first time I post on this forum, because the guys at steam told me to ;D.
Anyways, I got a huge problem. Because everywhere on the net, I saw thr render problem, so I asked the guys at the steam forums : if I'm able to play the demo, will I also be able to play the normal game. they said yes, so I tried, and I was able to play it, so I bought the game. But now I got the render problem, wich kinda sucks.
Is there anyone who can help me.
maybe something you also need to know, first a friend installed a cracked version, cuse he thougth, I might be able to play it, cuse he wasn't (old computer) but I got the render error.)
kr
victor
ps: here is the steam thread Steam forums, if I can run the demo balblabal
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011, 12:23 PM by victorjr.)
02-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Render error, but abel to play demo

First of all, WHAT render error???? That could mean a million different things!

Second, I've seen non-native English speakers on these forums that have better spelling and grammar than that post! Proofread your posts so we can actually read them. If we're having to stumble over every phrase, we're going to be less inclined to decipher your message and help you.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2011, 09:05 PM by GraphicsKid.)
02-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(02-06-2011, 03:44 PM)victorjr Wrote: Hi all
this is the first time I have posted on this forum, because the guys at steam forums told me to post my problem here ;D.
Anyways, I got a huge problem. I asked the guys at the steam forums : If I'm able to play the demo, will I also be able to play the normal game. They said yes, so I triedthe demo and I was able to play it, so I bought the game. But now I got the render problem, which kinda sucks.
Maybe something you also need to know, first a friend installed a cracked version, cause he thought, I might be able to play it, but I still got the render error.
Thank You
Victor
PS: Here is the steam thread Steam forums, if I can run the demo blablabla

Fixed Smile Also, I think he means that he got the Renderer #0 could not be initialized error, cause that's the most I've seen of an error that involves Renderer #0. Have you tried updating your drivers to the latest/to Omega drivers?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2011, 11:23 PM by RawkBandMan.)
02-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

verify steam cache?

upload your hpl log from C:\Users\******\Documents\Amnesia\Main\
02-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Find
victorjr Offline

Hia ll\

(02-07-2011, 07:40 AM)Bek Wrote: verify steam cache?

upload your hpl log from C:\Users\******\Documents\Amnesia\Main\
What do you mean? What do i have to do?

(02-06-2011, 11:23 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:
(02-06-2011, 03:44 PM)victorjr Wrote: Hi all
this is the first time I have posted on this forum, because the guys at steam forums told me to post my problem here ;D.
Anyways, I got a huge problem. I asked the guys at the steam forums : If I'm able to play the demo, will I also be able to play the normal game. They said yes, so I triedthe demo and I was able to play it, so I bought the game. But now I got the render problem, which kinda sucks.
Maybe something you also need to know, first a friend installed a cracked version, cause he thought, I might be able to play it, but I still got the render error.
Thank You
Victor
PS: Here is the steam thread Steam forums, if I can run the demo blablabla

Fixed Smile Also, I think he means that he got the Renderer #0 could not be initialized error, cause that's the most I've seen of an error that involves Renderer #0. Have you tried updating your drivers to the latest/to Omega drivers?

yepp, that;s what i meant. yepp, i have updated my drivers (I have already looked up alot info on the web)

(02-06-2011, 09:04 PM)GraphicsKid Wrote: First of all, WHAT render error???? That could mean a million different things!

Second, I've seen non-native English speakers on these forums that have better spelling and grammar than that post! Proofread your posts so we can actually read them. If we're having to stumble over every phrase, we're going to be less inclined to decipher your message and help you.
02-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Find
Bek Offline

In your My Documents folder there will be an Amnesia folder. Inside that a folder called main, and inside that a text file called hpl.log. Upload that file here which will detail the error.

As for steam cache, right click Amnesia icon in steam, go properties, Local files and Verify Integrity of local cache
02-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Find
victorjr Offline

(02-09-2011, 07:52 AM)Bek Wrote: In your My Documents folder there will be an Amnesia folder. Inside that a folder called main, and inside that a text file called hpl.log. Upload that file here which will detail the error.

As for steam cache, right click Amnesia icon in steam, go properties, Local files and Verify Integrity of local cache

thanks, i will try. but what's the point of the steam cahce verify?

edit, interresting, i delted the demo, main, and btw, I have also and updated_hpl
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011, 05:45 PM by victorjr.)
02-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Find
Bek Offline

Install the latest video drivers from nvidia wesbite for your card.
02-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Find
victorjr Offline

(02-10-2011, 08:57 AM)Bek Wrote: Install the latest video drivers from nvidia wesbite for your card.
I did, i'm sure
02-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

If the demo works but the full game does not it could be that there is a setting in the demo that is not set the same way in the full game. Perhaps delete the whole Amnesia folder in My Documents, then start the game to get all the default settings and try to run the game using the default settings. If that works then try to make changes as you like and if it crashes again you know it is a setting you are making that for some reason does not play well with the game and computer combination. Could be a conflict with something set in the control panel for the graphics card.
02-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Website Find