Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A larger project
LSunday Offline

Threads: 1
RE: A larger project

It's the maps that are killing me... in order to get all the story spaced out, I currently have 21 levels...
02-14-2011, 03:14 AM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

Wow that's a lot. But that's a good thing, all the custom stories out right now seem really short. (I haven't actually played too many, but from reviews they seem short) Mine is currently about 6 maps but there is still a lot of room to expand the story.
The problem with so many maps is that in order to be any good they have to be well thought out and detailed, so it takes a long time! Tongue Anyway, if you have a basic idea for one of the maps you need done, I could work on one in my spare time for you. Just out of curiosity, what is your story about?
02-14-2011, 03:18 AM
Find
LSunday Offline

Basically, I'm scrapping the origins of the orb. I'm keeping with the orb, because the model already exists, but the origins/story etc. are scrapped for my own (same with the creatures).

I'm basically starting with the Player camping in the woods with his girlfriend (you never actually see her, so that's not a problem). He hears her scream in the woods, and when he runs to help her, he gets chased into a cave by a monster outside. The cave then collapses, and he wakes up inside.

The basic story is find your girlfriend(or her body) and get back outside. But, of course, there's a lot of supernatural stuff revealed through the notes/diaries around the castle, about why it's there and stuff.

I have a lot more planned, but I don't want to reveal the whole story here.
02-14-2011, 04:08 AM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

Sounds pretty cool. That should be a pretty intense intro once its all finished!
02-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Find
Beatlebattle Offline

Threads: 5

HEa I think this a great idea! I'd like some bigger custom stories myself. I've made a story myself but I stopped because I ran into some issues with scripting checkpoints. Made 5 maps so far and my friend made 3 maps too. I wondered maybe we might be able to merge the maps with what's to come with this project so my stories wouldn't be in vane Tongue Tell me what you think of the idea. I can give the download link of the map if you like Smile

(I'm not the best at designing and scripting but I'm doing better in time)
02-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Find
LSunday Offline

Awesome. Right now I'm mapping out where the various maps are, relative to each other. There are also a few that require more scripting than others, so I want to make sure certain things are possible before committing to them.
02-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Find