Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia unable to start
Tbcds Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia unable to start

Purchased Amnesia through steam and running on an asus g73jh. Win 7 Home premium 64-bit with i7 Q740 and an ATI Mobility Radeon 5870. I have been through the forums and tried a few things I have seen. I have reinstalled, verified, ran as admin, and gotten latest drivers from Asus(ATI drivers cause instability on laptop). Under Documents\Amnesia\Main, there is no hpl.log, only launcher.log, and that file is empty. I only get the launching window from Steam and then nothing happens. I am at a loss as to what to do now.
02-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia unable to start

Unable to start?
What happens? Steam tries to launch, prepares, but nothing happens?

02-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Website Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

Try re running the Open AL installer, has worked for Penumbra for me and some others so worth a shot right? Also in steam you could verify locale cache by right clicking on amnesia > Properties > Local files > Verify local cache
02-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Find
Tbcds Offline

Threads: 1

I just tried running Open AL installer and that did not help. As far as the unable to start, from the Steam Game Library window, if I launch amnesia, it brings up the initial dialog telling me it is preparing to launch. After that, nothing happens. I have verified the cache on both the initial install and the reinstall. Laucher.exe and Amnesia.exe are both set to run as admin also.
02-16-2011, 05:12 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Might be a permission problem, because same thing happened to me with Bioshock. Try to start with launcher. Or try to use an administrator account.

Check the Documents\Amnesia\Main folder if anything is there.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011, 02:44 PM by Tanshaydar.)
02-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Website Find