Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Environment morphs, flickers and smudges
Dryleg Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Environment morphs, flickers and smudges

Downloaded the demo to my compaq laptop. When I move around the floor morphs and bulges upwards around me. It doesn't affect items, doors or closets who instead get covered by it.
The shadows in the first area flickers like mad between light and dark when I move.

*Update*
Further into the game I noticed that the environment, items and the lantern showed up in multiple layers (smudged and in different colors) in the dark areas, like looking at a 3d movie without the 3dglasses. (It gets better) when I got to the first monster a smaller duplicate of my screen showed up in the lower left corner while the main screen got completely smudged. And the monster was invisible...

I had the classic "fatal error render: 0" before but I updated my drivers and the game got "playable".
My graphic card was an ATI Radeon Xpress 1270 but after the update it changed to ATI radeon X1200. I updated it with a different program than the one recommended here so I'm wondering if i got the wrong driver
Iv'e turned off all the special effects and high quality graphics

(sure wish frictional games could score a console game deal, I don't see any other way I could fully enjoy this VERY promising game otherwise)
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2011, 01:12 AM by Dryleg.)
02-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Find
Skaruts Offline

Threads: 11
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Environment morphs, flickers and smudges

I bought the full game, but I have one of those issues too. Nothing wrong with the floor, but the shadows flicker like hell everywhere. Many times items get fully covered by blackness and I need to move or turn the mouse a bit, so that I can see them. It gets pretty annoying over time, that's for sure.

Maybe this is due to my graphics card, which is an ATI Radeon 9600. I'm not sure, but since it's the barely supported, it may be. Drivers should be up to date since I switched to this card very recently.

Other than that I only have the game crashing at some point, sometimes, but testing lead me to believe that it's due to some graphics setting that, thus, I should avoid. (This may relate to the card too...)

Anyway, it's not a big issue to me, because I'm going to mount my own pc today, and I'll be playing the game without problems in it (hopefully Big Grin) from today onwards, but since I saw the same problem in the full game, not the demo, I thought I'd do good to confirm it.

------------------------------
AMD Athlon 1.8GHz
1GB dual-channel + 250MB RAM
win7 32bits
ATI Radeon 9600
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011, 04:19 PM by Skaruts.)
02-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

@Dryleg
Your graphic card is not supported.

@Skaruts
You may be switched it recently but that card is antique. And it is not supported, what is that "barely"? Frictional aimed to support that card but it turned out unsupported.

02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Website Find
Skaruts Offline

Threads: 11

Well, the game runs. That's why I say "barelly". Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011, 06:09 PM by Skaruts.)
02-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Find
Dryleg Offline

Threads: 1

(02-16-2011, 04:42 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: @Dryleg
Your graphic card is not supported.

Dammit
I checked on system requirements lab and they said it was good to go, I guess they were wrong. Gotta wait for when I get a new stationary
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Don't trust CYRI that much. Try the demos to make sure.

02-18-2011, 02:08 AM
Website Find