Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia in virtual reality.
nelar Offline

Threads: 1
Amnesia in virtual reality.

Just found this and thought to myself how amazing Amnesia would be in VR.
From this story, volunteers could feel being touched within the simulation! can you imagine the sort of stuff frictional could do with that!
Damn I hope this Tec gets mainstream before I grow old. This is definetly the future of gaming.
Real-life Avatars
02-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

RE: Amnesia in virtual reality.

Whoa, sounds pretty cool.
Go Frictional! Wink

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
02-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Website Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

The old rubber hand trick,

The attraction to gaming for me involves a lack of realism so I wouldn't really want getting a virtual punch in the face or a kick in the nads.
02-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Find
nelar Offline

(02-18-2011, 09:32 AM)mattwestwick Wrote: The old rubber hand trick,

The attraction to gaming for me involves a lack of realism so I wouldn't really want getting a virtual punch in the face or a kick in the nads.

Well I guess it depends on how the brain reacts to VR. A punch might only feel like a brush on the cheek.
But being fully immersed in a 3D world would be pretty awesome. Also think about people who cant walk. They will be able to in VR.
02-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(02-18-2011, 11:31 AM)nelar Wrote: But being fully immersed in a 3D world would be pretty awesome. Also think about people who cant walk. They will be able to in VR.

I don't like when people say things like that, cause how would it work? How would they simulate walking to someone who cannot move their legs. Most likely a VR environment would have the player walking on some sort of 360 degree treadmill or strung up on a harness or something to be totally into it, so how would the input device know the handicapped person wanted to walk if they could not move their legs to signal it? A controller is certainly not the way to go cause we can do that now...
02-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Website Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

Plus not to mention the amount of heart attacks caused by falling off a virtual cliff.

I often forget how enjoyable it is to venture out into the real world. Sure not everyone can but effort would be better spent in enabling people in the real world than providing a substitute.

That's if we are not already inside a virtual reality machine. Going to leave that can of worms closed however.
02-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

In the magical VR of the future that works like it does in The Matrix (or Star Trek, I guess), maybe a wheelchair-bound individual will be able to walk freely. Until then, the tech is too primitive for what you propose.
02-19-2011, 03:25 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(02-19-2011, 03:25 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: In the magical VR of the future that works like it does in The Matrix (or Star Trek, I guess), maybe a wheelchair-bound individual will be able to walk freely. Until then, the tech is too primitive for what you propose.

Ah, i hadn't considered matrix style mind tapping. The tech is out there (though there is not computers capable of running anything on the scale we are talking about) I can see that happening in our lifetimes...
02-19-2011, 04:39 AM
Website Find
Conan Offline

Well, if they did another horror game, perhaps the Italian Island of Poveglia would be ideal. I've heard that place is the Mecca of creepiness, and it has a huge amount of history behind it, which would make it ideal for a game setting. Another possibility might be a science fiction thriller like the Andromeda Strain.
A virtual kick in the nads? LOL!!! Yeah that might be a bit too interactive for me too.

(02-18-2011, 09:32 AM)mattwestwick Wrote: The old rubber hand trick,

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2011, 10:22 PM by Conan.)
02-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Find