Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
My Ladys Insanity [Release]
Playguy6 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: My Ladys Insanity [Release]

(02-18-2011, 05:08 PM)Vradcly Wrote:
(02-18-2011, 04:15 PM)Playguy6 Wrote: My virus detection program doesn't trust it so I won't either.

Do you use Norton XD?
(02-18-2011, 03:28 PM)Malera Wrote: Tried for the third time and now everything is as it should be!

Lets get playin' then!

-Mal

Awesome Big Grin, good luck

No what's Norton? I use McAfee.
02-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

Wow!,that's just great!
But what do i do in the part with the water?,i stuck there Sad
02-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Find
Akasu Offline

Threads: 6

(02-18-2011, 04:15 PM)Playguy6 Wrote: My virus detection program doesn't trust it so I won't either.
I scanned it with AVG no viruses were found.

I played it trough and really liked it. If you're sick of the constant WIPs and demos that you see a lot on the forums then you should definately play this one.

I wrote some feedback for Vradcly earlier, when I was testing the story for him and here it is:

The level design was good and very unique. Decals are also used nicely. I especially liked the bigger rooms like the water part in the prison and the place with the big church windows.
The garden was allright. I could almost call it good because I know how hard it is to create outside areas in Amnesia. The lightning-effect was nice in this level.

The absence of overlapping textures was also neat because I usually see lots of that in other custom stories.

Decent voice acting is something you don't hear in every custom story so it is great to find plenty of it in this one.

The story resembles the original game's and the custom story, Cannibalism's, story so it is nothing really new, and it's definately not the strongest part of this custom story but the voice acting makes it a lot better.

The puzzles were easy but still took some time to complete, which is good.

In general, I didn't like monster events because their appearance was most of the time unexpected (except the first one and some others) and usually you just had to run away from them instead of hiding. Rarely you got any warning about them. Nevertheless, I liked how not all the monsters disappeared but instead patrolled and you couldn't just wait for them to go away. The disappearing monsters were, in my opinion, the bad side of Amnesia but not of this one.
Most importantly, the monster encounters weren't overused like in many other custom stories.

One thing bugged me especially: Even though the protagonist is a woman, the scare- and insanity-reactions were the same as in the original game so she sounded quite manly everytime those sounds played Smile But I know it would take some effort to change all those sounds so I guess that can be forgiven.
Anyways, it's nice to see a female protagonist for a change.

There were other little bugs, minor spelling errors and some frame-rate issues (Probably because of my crappy CPU) but nothing worth complaining.
02-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Wow thanks alot, I really feel honored by your post, and that you wanted too try out my pre release version Akasu Smile.

I am pretty surpriced that you liked the outdoor level, actually I would have wanted it to be much better, but since Amnesia is not played outdoors it would have taken too much effort.
Same goes for the protagonists sounds, wanted to keep the changes in "engine things" to a minimum so I hope ppl have a good imagination when it comes to those sounds^^.

Yeah about the monsters, I still have lots of ideas for more scares and build ups using monsters rarely, but that would make alot of "sidequests" and I wanted to keep the focus so I kept at
Spoiler below!
one buildup of monster, hard part, story buildup, story conclusion.

On the story, it is actually inspired by
Spoiler below!
Elizabeth Bathory and Eleonore von Schwarzenberg
, combined with my own head and of course Amnesia. But yeah, I must admit, I am no actor/story teller Tongue.
(02-18-2011, 08:15 PM)Need4Power Wrote: Wow!,that's just great!
But what do i do in the part with the water?,i stuck there Sad

The mementos don't give you any useful hints?

Just PM me if you really really really cant figure it out Smile.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2011, 01:30 AM by Vradcly.)
02-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

Never mind,i solved that and finished the custom story.
That was an amazing one! Big Grin

But i wonder..,could the end be different?,if i managed to run away? Tongue
02-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Find
Vradcly Offline

I dont know if I want to answer that question^^.

02-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Find
davecaron Offline

Threads: 0

What are we suppose to do when we got the sword(with the invisible donkey).
02-22-2011, 03:58 AM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Oh, then you just need to find a way to lure Hamlet into room 6 and from there drop some liquid poop into the lock so it breaks, leaving Hamlet and the donkey inside. I suggest you then go as far away as possible since strange, annoying and probably pretty green things will start to happen.

But keeping a distant should help Smile. Then to trigger some time to pass, move in and out of the cellars 6891 times and you should be able to see some invisible donkey babys taking a bath in the blood at the fountain, with Hamlet standing there as a proud mother and the donkey unfortunately dead (since invisible donkey birth is brutal).

It might almost be quite not like a not alternate ending Smile.

02-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Find
davecaron Offline

Threads: 0

Thx for the help. I will try this. Your custom story is very good. Plz make other like this.
02-23-2011, 12:43 AM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Thank you very much, and please don't try it XD

02-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Find