Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor - import/export - .expobj??
Skaruts Offline

Threads: 11
Level Editor - import/export - .expobj??

The first time I saw the import and export options in the file menu I thought I could maybe export models as Collada(.dae) or Wavefront(.obj) models, for reference or for a good way to check how they were done, or even re-texturing. However, today I explored those options and I noticed there's only one file format to import or export as: expobj.

What can I do with a .expobj file from there? And where are these files created from so that later I can import them into the level editor?
(well, they can be created with the level editor itself, as I see, but I suppose I will not want to export a model just to import it again Shy )

I'm really confused with this one...
Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2011, 11:46 PM by Skaruts.)
02-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19
RE: Level Editor - import/export - .expobj??

The editor import/export functionality serves to save selected objects to a file, so that one can then import them in another map. I know it might be a bit confusing, but well... Smile So I make myself perfectly clear, the .expobj files are just like "chunks" of a map.

If u wanna check the models, they all are in the redist folder as Collada files.

EOF
02-25-2011, 01:27 AM
Find
Skaruts Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Level Editor - import/export - .expobj??

Ah yes, the models are all there. I didn't remember to go check the files... Dodgy

So expobjs are to allow easy exchange of parts/chunks between maps. Makes sense. That's good to know and may be useful later on.

Thanks Luis.
02-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Find