Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it worth it to get a graphics card?
ThunderDragoon Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Is it worth it to get a graphics card?

Even though I've tried CYRI and it says my computer can run the game, I still get the renderer #0 error. I've checked almost all the threads on this error and nothing has helped. So I've come to the conclusion that I need a graphics card, but is it worth it? Is it really worth paying over $100 to play just one game? I'm thinking of just returning the game. I don't know. I thought I'd ask here before I do anything. I've spent so much time doing different things to fix this error and it's getting really old that I can't play a simple game. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
02-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Is it worth it to get a graphics card?

If you enjoy playing lots of games then you should invest into your computer, for future's sake.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
02-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Find
ThunderDragoon Offline

Threads: 2

(02-26-2011, 12:53 PM)Oscar House Wrote: If you enjoy playing lots of games then you should invest into your computer, for future's sake.

That's what I'm saying though. Should I get a graphics card/new computer just for this game? I don't buy games for the computer. I'm a console kind of guy. If this game was on a console, I would've bought it on one of those instead. Funny thing is, when I tried this game on my friend's computer (which I know has all the requirements), it gave me a different error. One that's not solved on here yet. Maybe I'm just not meant to play this game. Say I do get a new computer. What happens if everything is up to date and I still get an error? It just seems like a lot of hassle, and time wasted, for one game. It sucks though because I've been reading about how good this game is. I don't know what to do.
02-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

If you get a real video card (read, not intel integrated graphics) it should run without problems.

If you like playing PC Games, yes its worth it, otherwise, I suppose you can play it at friends houses...

02-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Find